Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Tires

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Howdy,
I wanted to give the Tuna Sport new tires before Caravan and they needed to be All Season, spending 10 days on the road, it's almost guaranteed to see some rain somewhere.
Michelin had teased their Pilot A/S 3 + (ZP) for a couple of years but they didn't have them in my size - 335/25/20 - until late last year.
Last week the Tuna Sport got 4 new Michelin Pilot A/S 3 + (ZP) tires. The first thing I noticed was that the A/S 3 + tires do not wander over every rut and ridge in the road like the Super Sports did. Wow! I'll take that. Not having to chase the steering over every lane change and in rutted roads is a huge benefit.
I tried a couple of full throttle accelerations from second gear and didn't notice any loss of traction compared to the Super Sports. Then I hit a couple of clover leaf exit and entrances ramps and pushed the "G" loading to 0.80+ Gs with no sign of giving up.
I'm happy.
Here is a picture of 335/25/20 on the right rear and a generic picture of the A/S 3+ tire.

RRtireAS3.jpg Screenshot (7).png

Last edited:
Nice.

Hard to go wrong with Michelin.

I wanted to swap out the extreme summer tires a couple of years ago when the A/S 3 + came out but Michelin wasn't making them in the size I needed for the rear. I ended up buying another set of Super Sports. Last year, Michelin finally releases them in my size but I still had too much left in the Super Sports to toss them.
I bought A/S 3 + tires for my Cadillac CTS V Wagon a couple of years ago and I really liked them. I was chomping at the bit for them in the size for my Vette.
The next thing is to see how they work in the rain.

The AS 3+ ZPs are my choice when I replace the Firestones on 007. I really liked the AS 2+ I had on my 01.

Oh, and I'm afraid it won't be long before I have to go that route, as I had the wheels and tires off last weekend and the rears are getting close to the wear bars.....maybe next spring.

Oh, and I'm afraid it won't be long before I have to go that route, as I had the wheels and tires off last weekend and the rears are getting close to the wear bars.....maybe next spring.

A few more burnouts this month should move up your replacement time! ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom