Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Tires

BlueMan

Corvette
1999 Nassau Blue
Hi,

Not to bring the tire issue up again and again. I have just turned 36,000 miles on the original good Year EMT's (and they still meet the Lincolns head test for tread depth) they are getting progressivley louder and I'm dam near deaf after a trip from Boston to Daytona last month, and I lost my voice trying to carry on a conversation with my wife.

I want the run flats for fear of being stranded, But I would like some quiet too. I'm swapping out the 1999 wheels for Zo6 C6 wheels of the same size as the original wheels and will fit the same size tires as originally equiped. I have never had a good experience plus sizing on any car I have owned, the ride and handling have never been the same as originally engineered into the car.

Can I get comments from Fellow CAC members who have opted for new rubber but stayed with the run flat feature. Which brands offer he quietest ride while providing good performance and handling (wet/dry)?

I have no problem with the stock GY EMTS except for the noise. Has Good Year perhaps reformulated the rubber compound to offer a quieter ride as a result of the feed back regarding tire noise.

Any input/suggestions will be appreciated.......Thanks

Michilen Pilot Sport All Season Zero Pressure - I put them on our 03 AE and the ride is much better, they are much quieter, the wet traction is superb and the dry traction is excelent also. And, they are cheaper than the GY F1 GS EMT's. Check out www.tirerack.com for your car and select runflat only option.

Tuna said:
Michilen Pilot Sport All Season Zero Pressure - I put them on our 03 AE and the ride is much better, they are much quieter, the wet traction is superb and the dry traction is excelent also. And, they are cheaper than the GY F1 GS EMT's. Check out www.tirerack.com for your car and select runflat only option.

What Tuna said.
I put them on my '04 recently & appreciate the decreased noise. I got mine at Discount Tire.

I agree
I put on the Michlen ZP Pilot Sports last year. A good tire and much quieter than the prior GY tire. Mine were through NTB.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom