Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new to the club, extended warranty question

mominayal

I have just purchased a 07 C6Z (my 1st chevy) with only 1500miles on it. the 3/36 factory warranty expired 2 weeks ago. the balance of the 5yr/100k powertrain remains. My question is based on all your experiences should I purchase a 3/36 non-GM extended warranty. Leaving aside whether or not the insurance company is a scam or not, do these car have costly non-drivetrain related faults that come up on a reasonably frequent basis? BTW does the drivetrain warranty cover the engine/trans/clutch and anything else?

I have just purchased a 07 C6Z (my 1st chevy) with only 1500miles on it. the 3/36 factory warranty expired 2 weeks ago. the balance of the 5yr/100k powertrain remains. My question is based on all your experiences should I purchase a 3/36 non-GM extended warranty. Leaving aside whether or not the insurance company is a scam or not, do these car have costly non-drivetrain related faults that come up on a reasonably frequent basis? BTW does the drivetrain warranty cover the engine/trans/clutch and anything else?

I just went through this in this discussion:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com.../118815-gm-major-guard-extended-warranty.html

I don't believe that GMPP will sell you the extended warranty since your factory warranty has already expired but there are other alternatives. Check with reputable companies and not with the cheap fly by night guys. The 'Vette has so much electronics, I didn't want to take a chance and purchased an extended for peace of mind. Good Luck.

Contact Dennis Ficthner a great dealer google him he'll give you the best price going hands down. I have one on my Vette and the wife's CTS both from him. I'm at work and don't have his contact info. But someone her does.

Contact Dennis Ficthner a great dealer google him he'll give you the best price going hands down. I have one on my Vette and the wife's CTS both from him. I'm at work and don't have his contact info. But someone her does.

I got the best price from the Vaden Group which is listed in my earlier post. They beat Ficthner by $50. I suggest that you contact several dealers and get your best price.

Welcome

Hello and welcome to the Corvette Action Center:):w

I bought mine from a dealer with the option of buy a 12/12 warranty. Paid $799 to GM, but being used and an 07 I felt more comfortable. Paying in cash it was a cost I recognized. I think you can pay $100 and chevy will inspect the car and warranty it for $799.

I like the GM warranty, if I have an issue on a trip I can POC GM dealers on my NAV and say "pick it up."

It likely will end up money burnt, but I sleep better this way.

My 07 C6 has been flawless. I have no squeaks, rattles or any other issue. I hear a little rear end chatter (see other threads), but that is simply a lube change covered by TSB. GM may pick it up for free, I don't really care.

However, if I have the slightest burp, I got 10 more months to say "fix it". Not being a DD, it really is the easiest way to go.

:pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom