Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Extended Warranty

J

joehawk

Extended warranty

I have an 03 coupe 6 speed with a 5yr 50k warranty: paid 1000 for the xtended zero deduct (GM major guard). My question is did I pay too much, and does anyone recommend going for longer term 7 years with low miles? I know I won't need a 100k mile warranty, but I do know I will keep this baby for a looooong time. Anyone have prices they paid for their warr?

Thanks

I have an 03 coupe 6 speed with a 5yr 50k warranty: paid 1000 for the xtended zero deduct (GM major guard). My question is did I pay too much, and does anyone recommend going for longer term 7 years with low miles? I know I won't need a 100k mile warranty, but I do know I will keep this baby for a looooong time. Anyone have prices they paid for their warr?

Thanks

extended warranty

I am ready to shed a tear ot two!

Hey Dawg1,

I'm also interested in who you got your warranty from. I just bought an 04 Vette and am deciding whether or not to pay $1700 for a 7 year warranty. Also, does your contract list what it covers or what it doesn't cover. From past experience, this makes a big difference. Thnx.

John K.

extended warranty

Direct from the dealer. GM Major Guard. Had this one with my 97 Suburban and it covered everything just about.

I will purchase GMPP 72 months/50K miles in the 34th month of ownership. Zero deductible for around 12 -1300 dollars

I prefer to purchase in the 34th month versus from day one because if you make any warranty claims in the first 34 months it goes against the value of the extended warranty (should you decide to sell car and turn in warranty for a refund)

Email me if you would like to know where I got the GMMP warranty from on my 1999 and plan on for my 2001 Z06.

I strongly believe in the GMPP contract as a valuable protection against pia problems that can sometimes occur. I figure at 1200 dollars..or 400 a year (4th,5th and 6th year) its a smart deal.

jb

Just like the car, everything is negotiable. I just bought a lincoln navigator and it comes with 4 year 50,000 mile warranty standard, they even change the oil and rotate the tires no charge while the vehicle is under warranty, now that was a warranty. On the vette it was late, they wanted to go home, and it helped to have a friend that clued me into the cost so I knew what I could get away with.

I recently purchased a 2000 C5 Convt that had 1234 miles on it and the factory 3 yr, warr ends next month so I bought a 5 yr/50,000 for just under $2,000.00 with a zero dect.
After looking at all the postings on the Tech & general forums on c5Forum and this one (CorvetteActionCenter) I think every Vette owner who can should purchase an extended warr. Seems like there are alot of people having a alot of problems with the C-5's and I am a weekend wrencher (own a 1972 442 now), but having to try and repair a C5 after looking through the 3 volume service manual I just got........I will sleep alot better knowing that I will let the "pro's" sort out any problems with my C5...........

I purchased my 2000 w < 24K miles, last January. I also purchased a 4yr/60K all inclusive warranty w/ $100 deductible from Warranty Direct. Cost was just < $1,200. I understand that I can renew on an annual basis at the end of the term.

Since mileage is cumulative, that really means that I got a 4/40 but the reality of my having 40K at the end of the term is remote.

About a month ago I had the LR Axel and transmission seals replaced at an out of pocket expense of $100.

Having just completed a 5/100 on my Blazer that over time provided a new transmission, radiator, a couple of H2O pumps and a host of other items I agree with Greg.

Could I have paid less? from what I see here...probably, but it's a done deal and the peace of mind is good.

The only problem I see with someone purchasing an extended warranty on a car still under the MFGW is that my understanding is EWs start the day of purchase. Therefore it would run concurrent with the MFG warranty. No problem if you're in the last 6 months but perhaps not needed earlier.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom