Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new to the forum - intro & pic

S

Stogie D

Afternoon vettheads - my name is David aka Stogie D - I found this forum yesterday looking for info on a car I just bought - I wasnt looking to buy a Vette or any other car for that matter but ended up with this one unexpectedly - A friend of mine bought the 90 Vette pictured below about 7 years ago - last year he may have driven it 4 or 5 times - an electrical gremlin has been killing the battery for about 2 years - why he never had it looked at I cant say - it has set next to his house for about 6 months with a dead (new) battery & a flat tire - the other day he said - I gotta get rid of that car, I had my fun & I just dont care about it anymore - so just for grins I say how much? - he saya gimmie a grand & you can tow it home - I says no S*#T? - he says no s^*t - I hadnt seen it in at least 8 months but I figure I would have heard if it had been crashed or the motor blew up - I went & got the cash & we did the deal - I put a charger on it overnight & pumped up the tire with a bicycle pump - the next morning I hooked up the batt, a little more air & drove it home - the pic is as I bought it - I washed it & vaccumed of course - I dropped it off @ Chevy yesterday - the repair estimate on the electrical problem is $180.00 - I'm a happy guy - if its really fixed - 121K miles, seats are decent, tires are excellent, rear carpet is completely fried - I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with it, ie keep or sell it - (I'm really a C3 kinda guy SHHHHhhhhhh) I've included a pic of my 81 I sold in 2003 & just for grins a pic of a bike I'm building from scratch - I'll be askin questions I'm sure - yall be careful & dont go over the speed limit - -
AH HA HA HA HAAAA HHHAAAAA HAAAHA he heh he

Welcome aboard.
CAC is a great place. Looks like a nice car.

Welcome to the CAC!! Nice vette!! Sounds like quite a steal!! Now you know that 1990's are the fastest anyway, don't let them tell you different!:D:beer:thumb

Welcome to the CAC !

There's a bunch of knowledge/info on this site. Great to have another C4 owner. Enjoy !! :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom