Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New to this forum.

Paul Higg

Corvette
2007 Monterey Red
First I had a C4, then a C5, and now I am buying a C6.

I test drove one the other day. I like it, not the same as my C5 but it's nice. One thing that really steams me though is the Passenger Airbag light in the rearview mirror. Is there ANY way to disable it? I find it a MAJOR distraction.

Thanks.

Paul

welcome

My wife and I did the same c4 to c5 to c6 process. We're pretty happy with the c6. As for the airbag light, can't help you. It's there but after 5 years of driving a c6, I haven't noticed it in a long time.

My wife and I did the same c4 to c5 to c6 process. We're pretty happy with the c6. As for the airbag light, can't help you. It's there but after 5 years of driving a c6, I haven't noticed it in a long time.

Yeah, it's nice to have a VERY understanding wife. She knows a Vette Head when she sees one and wants me to be happy. Besides, she really loves driving with the top off in the summer. But remember removing the C4 top? What a pain! And it drives like it has square wheel sans top. It'll be nice to get this Vette. Getting a great deal from Maxie Price in Logansville, GA. That's where I bought my C4. Good people and the sell 99% Vettes. It's on a truck on its way from L.A. as we speak. Be here around the 15th to the 17th.

As for the light? Gonna figure something out if I have to buy the FSM and look at the wiring diagrams. There HAS to be a simple wire I can temp cut.

Yeah, it's nice to have a VERY understanding wife. She knows a Vette Head when she sees one and wants me to be happy. Besides, she really loves driving with the top off in the summer. But remember removing the C4 top? What a pain! And it drives like it has square wheel sans top. It'll be nice to get this Vette. Getting a great deal from Maxie Price in Logansville, GA. That's where I bought my C4. Good people and the sell 99% Vettes. It's on a truck on its way from L.A. as we speak. Be here around the 15th to the 17th.

As for the light? Gonna figure something out if I have to buy the FSM and look at the wiring diagrams. There HAS to be a simple wire I can temp cut.

I met my wife in the Corvette club so we've been a "His & Hers" Vette family since we met. She's a car gal and drives hers daily to work. Looks like the vert will become my daily driver soon as it gets a lot better mileage than the new "V".

We owned 3 C4s, all coupes, and I hated the way it drove and felt with the top off - especially the '96 Z51 car.
We owned 2 C5s, a 98 coupe and the '03 AE vert. The AE was sweet.

My new "V" has the airbag on the dash right below the nav screen and that's annoying - mainly because I'm not used to seeing that bright message in the middle of the dash. I'll get used to that also and then I'll have to remind myself to actually look at it some times.

Later,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom