Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New & Used Z06 Corvettes - Northern Virginia

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
For those of you in the northern Virginia area thinking of stepping up to a Z06 Corvette, Koons Chevrolet in Tyson's Corner has a couple brand new ones one of which has the Electron Blue metallic paint. They also have several other new and used Corvettes.

Pohanka Chevrolet in Chantilly has a bunch of new and used Corvettes as well as at least 3-4 Z06 Corvettes. One is a used Torch Red 2002 with only 2,600 miles on it with red leather seat inserts. The others are silver metallic.

Sterling Chevrolet in Sterling, VA off Route 7 also has a couple Z06 Corvettes although not sure if they're new or used.

It amazes me that the new C5s are stickering at $48,000. The new 2002 Z06s are stickering at exactly $50,000. For $2,000 more you're getting a hell of a performance bargain.

Rob said:

It amazes me that the new C5s are stickering at $48,000. The new 2002 Z06s are stickering at exactly $50,000. For $2,000 more you're getting a hell of a performance bargain.

It is amazing. I think that is why people are going for the Z06. Why not.

Re: Re: New & Used Z06 Corvettes - Northern Virginia

danl72 said:

It is amazing. I think that is why people are going for the Z06. Why not.

Amazing indeed. Chevrolet produced 5,773 Z06 cars for 2001. That's good for the sport, but not so good if exclusivity is the goal. A Chevrolet spokesperson is on record as saying that they are aiming for 20% of all Corvette production to be Z06s. Based on 2001 production that would mean 7,015 Z06s. To put things in perspective, Porsche sells only about 4,000 cars in all of the U.S. annually (and that includes Boxsters).

If you then add the people who are buying all the Z06 cosmetic add-ons (rear brake ducts, front intake screens, red fuel-rail covers, and Z06 emblems) from Eckler's, exclusivity is non-existent (of course, some will have a hard time explaining away the automatic transmission and the lack of an "S" in their VIN number).

But what the heck, it's a nice ride.

Re: Re: Re: New & Used Z06 Corvettes - Northern Virginia

rjsmith said:

(of course, some will have a hard time explaining away the automatic transmission and the lack of an "S" in their VIN number).

:nono

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom