Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New V.I.N. numbers!!

M

mikejpss

My Chevy dealer just called to give me the VIN numbers of my new 2008 Coupe scheduled to be built this week, with a R8C Museum Delivery scheduled for March 18th.

When is the VIN assigned to the vehicle- before, while or after it has left the production line? In other words, is my car born yet? Anyone out there know ??????? ;shrug

Was too excited to remember to ask the dealer when he called!
:w :)

The VIN numbers a issued when the car is put in the schedule. This is when everything is ready to go. At 160 cars per day the schedules are very firm. If you want, get the copy of the bild sheet and the window sticker and a paper will tell you about each number/letter in the VIN from the museum. Ask your guide to show you the paint area along with everything else. Super show and you are treated like you own the place. Enjoy, 1FASVET (Fred)

When will it be built

About two weeks before it is built.

My Dealer told me the target week for production of my 2008 was to be March 17th. What does that mean. I don't have the VIN yet. Does that mean it is going to be a couple weeks after I get the VIN before it is built ?

Thanks,

The time the VIN is issued is two weeks before the build day. My car was built on the 24 Aug, and I had all the paper work and plates before the end of the month and took delivery the first of Sept. at the Museum. This is all done through the computer so it happens now. ENJOY (1FASVET)

My Dealer told me the target week for production of my 2008 was to be March 17th. What does that mean. I don't have the VIN yet. Does that mean it is going to be a couple weeks after I get the VIN before it is built ?

Thanks,

That you C6 will come off the line sometime during the week of March, 17. Since that is this week it could have come off yesterday or it may be sometime up to Friday.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom