Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Wheels for my 1989 Corvette

E

ewrobo

I just found out that I won the grand prize for a local radio station promotion. The grand prize was a $1,000.00 gift certificate to be used the local big name Tire store. I am planning on getting some new chrome wheels for my 89 Corvette, which is dark red metallic. I still have the stock wheels which are 17 x 9.5 in. Any suggestions on what wheel brands are good and which ones to stay away from would be most appreciated. Any pictures of the chrome wheels that you have on your vette that you are willing to share would also help me in my decision making process.

Many Thanks,

Eric

Where did you purchase your chrome ZR-1 wheels at ? They are the one's I like the best ...

I bought them used with tires from a local Corvette shop. That won't help you. Look around on the internet or in Corvette magazines. They are out there. You will have to look a little harder at the ads because like most stuff with the C4s, they aren't the latest and greatest product they sell. I have a larger version of that avatar picture on my computer. I can email to you if you like. PM me your email address.

Many of the companies around sell O.E. (original equipment) brand. They are made in Taiwan but seem to be a decent quality. I bought a set (sliver) for my 94, but they have chrome available as well, and should be within your budget.

Hi Tom! You are still out there. Hadn't seen any posts from you in a while. So you got some silver ones. Pictures?

Hey Greg, yea I'm still here. I've just been really busy.

DDjune06013.jpg

corvetteZR1wheels003.jpg

corvetteZR1wheels002.jpg

I've been considering putting GS's on my car and just yesterday ran across a place called O. E. Wheel Distributers on eBay. They have a set of chrome Grand Sports for $529 plus $89 shipping. Also a polish set for $429. I've decided on waiting until after Christmas to consider buying anything but after seeing GS's on some of your cars, you're making the decision harder.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom