Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[NEW] ZR-1 Prototype Center

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
We have added a new section to our 1990-1995 ZR-1 Center called the Prototype Center.

Development work on the ZR-1 Corvette began back in early 1986 and resulted in several different prototypes being built to test the various chassis and powertrain changes that made the ZR-1 so unique from the base model. The Prototype Center is an attempt to document the history of these prototypes and is currently a work in progress. This section will be updated as more information becomes available to us. Enjoy!

Awesome job Rob! Very well put together! I always like seeing the prototype cars......very interesting stuff.

Jay

There's actually a convertible ZR-1 here in Tampa. I'm trying to get pictures of it but the guy is very hard to get a hold of. He's kind of a "friend of a friend". I know the guy has a couple ZR-1's at his shop. I've seen the Conv't once and it is awesome! Dark purple on black leather with silver 5 spokes. One day I'll get pics and post them of this car.

Jay

Rob, that's an awesome collection of info. What happened to that prototype convertable that put it in that bad of shape?

reubenmc said:
Rob, that's an awesome collection of info. What happened to that prototype convertable that put it in that bad of shape?
"Catepillar Tractor" :(

Great work Rob.

I keep forgetting that there is so much more to the CAC than just the Forums. There is alot of detailed, informative information that is readily available. Thanks for the hard work.

YESZREE said:
I believe that that car belongs to the owner of the vette shop on Dals Mabry near the stadium.

Yep, that's the guy. His name is Lenny.....I heard he does pretty good work too

Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom