Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Newbe post. Another 1992 throwing sys, security, service asr lights.

The car is currently at the mechanic. We both think that it is a bad connection or grounded wire. I reached the end of my mechanical ability when it came to testing the circuits and whatnot. If he gets it figured out, I will let you know.

Sorry that you are Vette-less. :(
Yes, PLEASE let me know what the Doctor finds.
I'm only a couple of hours north of you and may need to visit your Doctor for my Vette's similar ailment.

The car is currently at the mechanic. We both think that it is a bad connection or grounded wire. I reached the end of my mechanical ability when it came to testing the circuits and whatnot. If he gets it figured out, I will let you know.

In talking with Gordon Killabrew good grounds are vitally important on these cars. To get a good ground he said to grind those star washers in. Replacing them with a flat washer is a big mistake.

The mechanic did his thing, and really went after it when it comes to testing continuity, wiring and the like. The answer? Drumroll please............ ECM. Imagine that. I guess I got a crappy remanufactored unit. He tested all the wires, and scoped the CCM and ECM. He said the CCM was talking, and the ECM wasn't replying, setting the serial data link code.

Fuses near battery

I have found the block with the fusible links. Is this the fuses being talked about?

The mechanic did his thing, and really went after it when it comes to testing continuity, wiring and the like. The answer? Drumroll please............ ECM. Imagine that. I guess I got a crappy remanufactored unit. He tested all the wires, and scoped the CCM and ECM. He said the CCM was talking, and the ECM wasn't replying, setting the serial data link code.

Hey,

I've been following this thread and all the while have been wanting to share my experience with you on the ECM. I recently have been battling a problem for a few years as well with another vehicle. I went the manufactured route with the PCM on this vehicle and found out it was still bad because it wasn't remanuf. it was exchanged. Anyway to make a long story short I had to do it again with a different vendor and actually talked to their tech that does the rebuilding. Long story short, you have to watch who you deal with as a lot of these places say they rebuild when they do not. Again it took a very long time to find the problem which was very intermittent in my case but it existed. It becomes more of a 'wanting to know" thing with me as opposed to just going out and buying another truck and passing this problem on to someone else. Your persistence has paid off and I'm glad you found your answer. The world is not the same anymore so sometimes plan on doing things multiple times to get it right. Cheers!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom