Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie from Texas intro...

Dude...

Hey folks.

Here's the deal...(short version)

.....import guy (me) wrecks his japanese dreamcar, and gets a crap settlement from his crap insurance company, so is forced to find something cheap to fiddle with on weekends.

buys a 1981 corvette cuz he loves the way it looks, even though not fast, not powerful, old tech, american, and friends are all against it.

this aside, I love driving this car because it look so badass, and it's got that white trash coolness I enjoy cuz it's so loud and ridiculous.

I mean that with all due respect.
of course.

:cool

Oh, and btw....where the hell is the horn relay on this thing?

thanks.
-D

Welcome to CAC. Texas is big, where about in TX are you?
With the vette, you will find something that you may never experienced with the rice burner. It's called torque. :)
Enjoy your new ride and you will have a lot of fun with it and the CAC is a great resource for information. I would recommend getting the Assembly Instruction Manual and Service Manual from pretty much any Corvette vendor as it will be your best friend (besides here) to get information on fixing up your 81.
Good luck, have fun, and stay active on the forum.

Dude,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. The 1981 Corvette may not be the fastest or best one out there, but it's still a Corvette, and it's still cool. That's what's important.

Personally, I've never been a big import fan, but I respect what some of you guys do with those things. :thumb

With the vette, you will find something that you may never experienced with the rice burner. It's called torque. :)
Enjoy your new ride and you will have a lot of fun with it and the CAC is a great resource for information. I would recommend getting the Assembly Instruction Manual and Service Manual from pretty much any Corvette vendor as it will be your best friend (besides here) to get information on fixing up your 81.
Good luck, have fun, and stay active on the forum.

White75....your avatar is hysterical! ;LOL

Horn relay should be somewhere in the wiring harness under your steering column.

Greetings Peter

Hey Dude, welcome to the :CAC from another Texan, also.:beerHope you enjoy your new ride:upthumbs and if you don't know about the wave, don't be surprized if you get a few from other Vette lovers, just wave back:w

I'm in Temple, TX.

And yeah I agree, while most imports are indeed torque-challenged, I drove a Supra turbo, and lack of torque was not really an issue.

In fact I'm having to adjust to less torque with the Vette.
:D

Hey Dude, welcome to the :CAC from another Texan, also.:beerHope you enjoy your new ride:upthumbs and if you don't know about the wave, don't be surprized if you get a few from other Vette lovers, just wave back:w

thanks bud!

Yeah I have noticed I get a ton of waves and thumbs up from bikers, vette owners and pretty much everyone around here.

:cool

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy

I'm in Temple, TX.

And yeah I agree, while most imports are indeed torque-challenged, I drove a Supra turbo, and lack of torque was not really an issue.

In fact I'm having to adjust to less torque with the Vette.
:D
Ok. So with a Supra, you are excused. :)

Welcome to the :CAC !!

:wJane Ann

:welcome Great cars, great information and great people here. I know you'll love it here. I sure do.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom