Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

newbie here

kwplot34

Corvette
78L82 black
New guy here saying Hi to everybody,seem's as though there are few names here i recognise. :beer

Hi kwplot and welcome to the forum, tell us more about your Vette! Pete.
HI Pete. I have 78 L82 that i found setting in some uderground storage they have in KC MO. found the owner of the car and found out he is the original owner and it has been sitting there since 1992,asked him if he wanted to sale it and he said sure so i paid him $4,500.00. put 5 gal's of gas and a bat in it, started it up put it on my trailer and brought it home.

I have been working my butt off on it since January of this year.After i got it home started doing some research on it and found out that it is a very original car :D still has the original motor,M21 trans,3:70 gears,mirrored t-tops,and everything works,still has the original spare. The factory motor is on a stand to be rebuilt someday,right now i have a 390 stroker in their that i had built over the summer,felt the need for some speed :L. I just purchased all the needed MOOG part's to rebuild the front end this winter.
Here are some before and after pic's.
Enjoy Kevin
100_0143.jpg

100_0145.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0149.jpg

100_0174.jpg

100_0150.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0407.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0520.jpg

welcome to CAC!!!:welcome
very nice job done on the vette hope you enjoy it!!!!!!

Kevin, nice pics and good work on the vette. You have a great find. Keep all the original parts and put them away for the next lucky owner.

Kevin, nice pics and good work on the vette. You have a great find. Keep all the original parts and put them away for the next lucky owner.

Thanks,I have put a lot of time and money into it :bash but it has been worth it. All of the parts that i have pulled off the car mainly under the hood,have been boxed up,and the motor is on a stand. If and when i get the vette done or close to done I plan on rebuilding,cleaning, and restoring the parts and rebuild the motor back original. Maybe some day i will put it all back in or maybe not :L but all the parts stay with the car.

Kevin

"....After i got it home started doing some research on it and found out that it is a very original car :D still has the original motor, M21 trans, 3:70 gears..."

I thought Muncie's were no longer used in Vettes after 1975. I believe the Borg-Warner was the replacement. Also, 3.70 gears seems agressive as a stock item in 1978. I may be wrong.

I thought Muncie's were no longer used in Vettes after 1975. I believe the Borg-Warner was the replacement. Also, 3.70 gears seems agressive as a stock item in 1978. I may be wrong.

Yes you are correct. M21 stands for close ratio and it is Borg-Warner ST10. My vette has the factory option gears in it 3.70. I really got lucky with this find,3,800 +/- had the M21 trans,around 800 had the glass t-top's,and i never could find any numbers on how may recieved the optional gears. This car is very well loaded with what was offered in 78,the only things i could find that the car did not have is,CB,cruise,trailer hitch.

Yes you are correct. M21 stands for close ratio and it is Borg-Warner ST10. My vette has the factory option gears in it 3.70. I really got lucky with this find,3,800 +/- had the M21 trans,around 800 had the glass t-top's,and i never could find any numbers on how may recieved the optional gears. This car is very well loaded with what was offered in 78,the only things i could find that the car did not have is,CB,cruise,trailer hitch.

Cool, welcome aboard.

You guys here at CAC should be happy. He didn't post the pictures of that skanky power brake booster before he painted it..

:boogie:boogie:boogie

Hi there Kevin!!

Sorry guys, I just can't resist the chance to :Buttslap Kevin any time I can..

He's done a GREAT job on that Vette- I've seen it in person.

You guys here at CAC should be happy. He didn't post the pictures of that skanky power brake booster before he painted it..

:boogie:boogie:boogie

Hi there Kevin!!

Sorry guys, I just can't resist the chance to :Buttslap Kevin any time I can..

He's done a GREAT job on that Vette- I've seen it in person.

Ahhhhh now i feel right at home :rotfl how you doing their Tim :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom