Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie in Iowa

jessa71

Corvette
1975 Bright Blue Metallic Coupe
Hello all!

I am a long time lover of Corvettes and I just recently purchased my first Corvette. It is a 1975 Bright Blue Metallic Coupe. The C3s have always been my favorite. While this particular car of mine is likely going to be a fixer-upper (read - money pit). I am OK with that because I am 26 years old and I already have my dream car!

I haven't got to do much with my car yet as after I drove it home the differential started leaking terribly. The seal was bad, but we also found that the cover was cracked where the bolts hold the spring to the differential. My mechanic decided based on my plans that now would be a good time to go ahead and get strted on those plans, so I put on new shocks front and back, new bushings, etc. I purchased the cheaper rear suspension rebuild kit from Ecklers. I also got new axle shafts with the u-joints. I am really looking forward to getting my car back this week!
:happyanim:
I have been kicking around my future plans for the car. I would like to believe it is mechanically sound, but time will tell. Unfortunately, few of the gauges work - including the fuel gage- so this might be the next thing to go after.

Corvette031.jpg

Welcome to the Forum Jessa71. :w Congrats on your Blue Corvette.

If your gas gauge is not working - I would try to get that fixed soon. Make sure you carry a small gas can with you.

Congrats on your first Corvette and having the good sense to join the :CAC

We have a great group of owners, enthusiasts, wrenchers and techs to help with your restoration decisions.

It sounds as though the C3 section...1968 - 1982 Corvettes ... is about to become your favorite hangout.

Be sure to check out the Tech Center as well: Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

And the Model Center for your model year: Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C3 | 1975 Corvette Center

You're about to embark on a journey... enjoy yourself!
:wJane Ann

I Fell in Love with Vettes in Iowa

I grew up in Iowa and remember the day at a small town Chevy dealer when I saw a real live Vette for the first time. I had to wait a few years but I finally got one. Congrates on getting yours.

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

It looks like I will be getting my vette back out of the shop tomorrow. I'm like a kid before Christmas!!

Welcome :thumb

Your first Corvette is alway special whether you are 26 or 46! Have fun :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom