Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie needs help with a Callaway ?

• Thread starter Thread starter azzkiknzo6
  • Start date Start date
A

azzkiknzo6

Do you guys have any info on this car ? How many did they make ? Do you know who owns one ? What do they go for now ?

Thanks,

Joe
attachment.php

Looks like a supernatural ZR1, with the aerobody kit... The callaway guys will chime in on production numbers I am sure

azzkiknzo6 said:
Do you guys have any info on this car ? How many did they make ? Do you know who owns one ? What do they go for now ?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. I like your username. :L

I don't have any specific information on the CR-1, but our Callaway Moderator eats, sleeps and...you know what....Callaways so I'm sure he has the information you're looking for. Hang tight and welcome aboard.

Re: Re: Newbie needs help with a Callaway ?

Rob said:
Joe,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. I like your username. :L

I don't have any specific information on the CR-1, but our Callaway Moderator eats, sleeps and...you know what....Callaways so I'm sure he has the information you're looking for. Hang tight and welcome aboard.

Thanks and thanks !

I wanted to put HALNAZZ or AZZKIKN on my plate but they did not like that so I just put my last name.

I have wanted to pick up a ZR-1 and I saw a black CR-1 I think and almost fell over. If I could just find out some info on them I could try to get the ball rolling.

azzkiknzo6 said:

Thanks,

Joe

Without getting into exacts & specifics, I will say here, a handful were constructed (CR1's) ;)
They were SUPERNATURAL 475 & 490 packages for the CR1's and various options existed (such as Aerobody, exhaust, headers, wheels, brakes & iinterior components)
- The leather interior is AWESOME!!!! :D

Tony C. from this forum owns a SNAT 490 and I know there will be 3 or 4 of them at Corvettes @ Carlisle in August.

Here is an ad from Hemmings "FOR SALE CALLAWAY: 1990 ZR-1, 490, supernatural, red, black leather, all ZR-1 options plus Brembo brakes, Simpson belts, leather covered roll bar, 6,000 miles, mint condition, blindingly fast, $35,000. 203-622-7112, CT.

See our ad in the printed publication of HMN under: Chevrolet Corvette Cars For Sale "

I suspect that car does not have an Aerobody as that will add tremendous value to the SNAT CR1's

There was another one for sale here awhile back - I am not sure if it is still avail - it was Aqua Metallic (in the Chicago area) and had the Aerobody (for a bit more money)

Welcome to the :CAC
Hope this helps :beer (was the black CR1 for sale?? Details ???? )

Re: Re: Newbie needs help with a Callaway ?

*89x2* said:
azzkiknzo6 said:

Thanks,

Joe

Without getting into exacts & specifics, I will say here, a handful were constructed (CR1's) ;)
They were SUPERNATURAL 475 & 490 packages for the CR1's and various options existed (such as Aerobody, exhaust, headers, wheels, brakes & iinterior components)
- The leather interior is AWESOME!!!! :D

Tony C. from this forum owns a SNAT 490 and I know there will be 3 or 4 of them at Corvettes @ Carlisle in August.

Here is an ad from Hemmings "FOR SALE CALLAWAY: 1990 ZR-1, 490, supernatural, red, black leather, all ZR-1 options plus Brembo brakes, Simpson belts, leather covered roll bar, 6,000 miles, mint condition, blindingly fast, $35,000. 203-622-7112, CT.

See our ad in the printed publication of HMN under: Chevrolet Corvette Cars For Sale "

I suspect that car does not have an Aerobody as that will add tremendous value to the SNAT CR1's

There was another one for sale here awhile back - I am not sure if it is still avail - it was Aqua Metallic (in the Chicago area) and had the Aerobody (for a bit more money)

Welcome to the :CAC
Hope this helps :beer (was the black CR1 for sale?? Details ???? )

Thanks for the help ! I'm now on the hunt to find one :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbie needs help with a Callaway ?

*89x2* said:
Did you call on that one I quoted the ad from, in CT?? 35k is worth a call :upthumbs

Car sold last week for under 35k :(

CR1 info

I have a couple of questions on the Callaway-modified ZR1s

Was there a standard base set of modifications? What were these mods?

What did the base cars cost? What hp/torque figures did the massaged motors have? What did the motor/drive train mods consist of (heads, cams, exhaust headers, rear axle mods)?

Any idea how much less than $35K did the Hemmings red car go for?

thanks,

Steve

CR-1/ZR-1 Info.

There was no base CR-1 package.The customer's $$$$ dictated the option list.Since I have a full boat CR-1,here goes.
Stock ZR-1 *******$45to$50,000(In '91)
490 Converstion***$14.000(Includes ,head work,plenum mods,cam degreeing,blueprinting,lightweight pistons&rods,PCM recalibrated.center exhaust
Header/Cats******$2500
Single mass Flywheel&Clutch**$2500
Billet(not cast) Brembo Brakes,F&R***$10,000
ConollyLeather/Wilton Rug InteriorwRollbar***$15,000
Coilover suspension**$3000
Aerobody/full paint**$12,000-$15,000
Dymags/tires******$5,000
Note:These are 91 prices,in some cases prices have +/-:eek
***As you can see from above a loaded CR-1 could cost over $100,000 easily.
Finally,The CR-1 engine made 490hp/425Tq with the header/cats & 475/415 without.No rear ratio changes due to noise & EPA.Hope this helps.:)

CR1 Options/Pricing

Tony thanks for the info. Sort of like buying a boat. If you have to ask about the price...

That interior sure must be nice at $15K. There is just not that much material in a Corvette interior. Ouch. The coilover suspension is a relative bargain by comparison.

Re: CR1 Options/Pricing

mangusta1969 said:
That interior sure must be nice at $15K. There is just not that much material in a Corvette interior. Ouch.

Steve, The interior is an absolute work of ART :upthumbs
It is entirely covered in leather - dash and other panels (Incl. speaker grilles) and the seats are custom stiched w/ CR1 into them :)

WOOL Carpets invite barefoot driving (just to run your toes through them)

Tony, Carl and Skips cars all have FULL leather interior and are true masterpieces - This was mentioned as avail. on 88 (and possibly other) B2K's - Records would indicate if is trully Callaway leather if you ever come to find one :cool

Enjoy!! - These machines will be at Carlisle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom