Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie Questions - New Car - Any info available.

M

MarkDuff

Hi All

I've just bought my first CTTC - a 1987 example, 12,114 miles. VIN number 1G1YY2180H5110260. I have bought it sight unseen (other than the pics so hope it is as good as the seller says.)

Chevrolet : Corvette : eBay Motors (item 130369399830 end time Mar-01-10 12:38:32 PST)

It is still sitting on the wharves in LA as I am shipping it to my home in New Zealand. I beleive it will be the one and only CTTC in my country.

Couple questions.

1) Is there any advantage in removing the auxiliary air pump and cats - we do not have emission testing in my country.

2) Does the Doug Nash 4+3 hold up to the torque? Any maint I should do to keep it going other than annual oil changes?

3) Does anyone have any details of the cars history?

4) Any other maintenance things I should do other than change oil and filters annually, new plugs.

I have had 2 other 1985 C4's one a manual and one an auto and am looking forward to the CTTC's arrival.

Thanks.........Duffy

Hi Duffy!! :w

Congrats on scoring the Callaway and welcome to the :CAC !!

One of the Callaway owners should see your thread soon and hopefully will be able to answer your questions.

Hope all goes well for you!
Enjoy!
:wJane Ann

I saw your car at the Corvette Museum C4 event in 2007. If I recall, thats where Reeves Callaway signed the underside of the hood.

I remember telling the owner to buy the updated emblems, etc. from Callaway Cars. Doesn't look like they did...

As far as the rest of your questions, maintenance is pretty much the same as a regular Corvette. Follow the differences in the Callaway Owners Manual.

The best place for info on the cars, is the Callaway Owners Group resource.

More at The Callaway Owners Group

I hope this helps :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom