Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Next generation Corvette

J

jhndaman

I thought I read that the next generation would be introduced as 2008 model, but I cannot seem to find anything that validates that. Surely someone here can enlighten me.

Ripp 73

Corvette
1973 L82 Blue Coupe
I am not sure they would do a complete new generation so soon. All the Corvette generations have lasted a long time. The C3 for 14 years, the C4 for 12 years, and the C5 for 8 years. So while they are getting closer in years for the new generations, I am not sure they are going to do one in this short of a time frame. Three years and a new generation? Yikes. However, there is still rumor (or maybe it is confirmed by now) that there will be a super Corvette code named "Blue Devil" that is basically a Zo6 with a Turbo from the factory. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?

hoosierdaddy

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
I am not sure they would do a complete new generation so soon. All the Corvette generations have lasted a long time. The C3 for 14 years, the C4 for 12 years, and the C5 for 8 years. So while they are getting closer in years for the new generations, I am not sure they are going to do one in this short of a time frame. Three years and a new generation? Yikes. However, there is still rumor (or maybe it is confirmed by now) that there will be a super Corvette code named "Blue Devil" that is basically a Zo6 with a Turbo from the factory. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?

Bet that won't be cheap!!! Still not a real C-6 fan but they are starting to grow on me slowly. Still an old hidden head light fan I guess but I did see a black C-6/Z06 that looked pretty choice this week going down the interstate.

Bill :w

Corvette
Carbon Flash CE 4LT GS Roadster
"I thought I read that the next generation would be introduced as 2008 model..."

1st off: Welcome to the :CAC

To keep customers interest peaked in a globally competitive market manufactures realize they should not run a vehicle design/platform to long. I think the C6 will have a shorter production run that the C5, but 2008 might be a little early for the C7's release.​

Hope you enjoy CAC's website. :upthumbs

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter​

jhecox

Corvette
2016 Corvette Racing Yellow, Z51, OURS C7
"Still not a real C-6 fan but they are starting to grow on me slowly."

Wish we were closer Bill, I let ya drive my (er... I mean, the wife's) Atomic Orange C6. I think you'd be a believer after that.

Welcome jhn-daman.

hoosierdaddy

Corvette
"Still not a real C-6 fan but they are starting to grow on me slowly."

Wish we were closer Bill, I let ya drive my (er... I mean, the wife's) Atomic Orange C6. I think you'd be a believer after that.

Welcome jhn-daman.

I did set in one when they first came out and the dealer told me to take her out but I was strapped for time then. Love the interior, the high tech and etc. but I am still stuck on the hiden head lights I think. But as I've said ever time I see a C-6 and esspecially when I saw my first black Z06 I think maybe I could be a fan; don't get me wrong I have never saw a Vette I didn't like but I still love the lines of the C-5; and that works becasue no more than I drive one not sure I could afford or justify a C-6 setting in the garage covered up. Maybe the C-7 will go back to the hidden head lights ya think?

Take care, the Atomic Orange is a choice look'n Vette for sure!

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
hoosierdaddy said:
...Maybe the C-7 will go back to the hidden head lights ya think?

Probably not. The non-hidden headlights are probably cheaper to produce, quicker to install (less parts, connections, etc.

M

mvarga

Probably not. The non-hidden headlights are probably cheaper to produce, quicker to install (less parts, connections, etc.
Boy you hit the nail on the head. I bought a red C5 4 weeks ago, and we're looking for a yellow c5 for my wife. now My friends have asked me why I have 2 recently purchased c5(s) when you can buy a new C6? I'm still not in love with them yet although technologically it blows my car(s) away.

hoosierdaddy

Corvette

I would bet this would be the case as well. The euro look seems to be in now too, but I am still stuck on the hidden head light tradition that's been arround since 1963. . . . . . To each their own! Love to have a 1963 Split Window Coupe, but then I would be to afraid to even drive it I suppose :ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom