Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Next generation Corvette

J

jhndaman

I thought I read that the next generation would be introduced as 2008 model, but I cannot seem to find anything that validates that. Surely someone here can enlighten me.

I am not sure they would do a complete new generation so soon. All the Corvette generations have lasted a long time. The C3 for 14 years, the C4 for 12 years, and the C5 for 8 years. So while they are getting closer in years for the new generations, I am not sure they are going to do one in this short of a time frame. Three years and a new generation? Yikes. However, there is still rumor (or maybe it is confirmed by now) that there will be a super Corvette code named "Blue Devil" that is basically a Zo6 with a Turbo from the factory. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?

I am not sure they would do a complete new generation so soon. All the Corvette generations have lasted a long time. The C3 for 14 years, the C4 for 12 years, and the C5 for 8 years. So while they are getting closer in years for the new generations, I am not sure they are going to do one in this short of a time frame. Three years and a new generation? Yikes. However, there is still rumor (or maybe it is confirmed by now) that there will be a super Corvette code named "Blue Devil" that is basically a Zo6 with a Turbo from the factory. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?

Bet that won't be cheap!!! Still not a real C-6 fan but they are starting to grow on me slowly. Still an old hidden head light fan I guess but I did see a black C-6/Z06 that looked pretty choice this week going down the interstate.

Bill :w

"I thought I read that the next generation would be introduced as 2008 model..."

1st off: Welcome to the :CAC

To keep customers interest peaked in a globally competitive market manufactures realize they should not run a vehicle design/platform to long. I think the C6 will have a shorter production run that the C5, but 2008 might be a little early for the C7's release.​

Hope you enjoy CAC's website. :upthumbs

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter​

Welcome to the CAC!

:w
-Stefan

"Still not a real C-6 fan but they are starting to grow on me slowly."

Wish we were closer Bill, I let ya drive my (er... I mean, the wife's) Atomic Orange C6. I think you'd be a believer after that.

Welcome jhn-daman.

"Still not a real C-6 fan but they are starting to grow on me slowly."

Wish we were closer Bill, I let ya drive my (er... I mean, the wife's) Atomic Orange C6. I think you'd be a believer after that.

Welcome jhn-daman.

I did set in one when they first came out and the dealer told me to take her out but I was strapped for time then. Love the interior, the high tech and etc. but I am still stuck on the hiden head lights I think. But as I've said ever time I see a C-6 and esspecially when I saw my first black Z06 I think maybe I could be a fan; don't get me wrong I have never saw a Vette I didn't like but I still love the lines of the C-5; and that works becasue no more than I drive one not sure I could afford or justify a C-6 setting in the garage covered up. Maybe the C-7 will go back to the hidden head lights ya think?

Take care, the Atomic Orange is a choice look'n Vette for sure!

hoosierdaddy said:
...Maybe the C-7 will go back to the hidden head lights ya think?

Probably not. The non-hidden headlights are probably cheaper to produce, quicker to install (less parts, connections, etc.

Probably not. The non-hidden headlights are probably cheaper to produce, quicker to install (less parts, connections, etc.
Boy you hit the nail on the head. I bought a red C5 4 weeks ago, and we're looking for a yellow c5 for my wife. now My friends have asked me why I have 2 recently purchased c5(s) when you can buy a new C6? I'm still not in love with them yet although technologically it blows my car(s) away.

I would bet this would be the case as well. The euro look seems to be in now too, but I am still stuck on the hidden head light tradition that's been arround since 1963. . . . . . To each their own! Love to have a 1963 Split Window Coupe, but then I would be to afraid to even drive it I suppose :ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom