Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

no 40th Z's done with Callaway

Re: Re: Re: no 40th Z's done with Callaway

Crosschkm said:
What is the LeMans body and what mold is broke?:(

Cross

The ZR1 tail mold was destryed in a building fire -

LeMans body - it is a whole lot of Carbon fiber :upthumbs

Big John had his LM ZR1 at Carlisle last year and plans to bring it again :)

Are you considering making some changes w/ your 40th ZR1 ???
corvettelm_1.jpg

clm.jpg

IMHO the 40th ZR1 body should not be modified.:nono Less than 230 are on the road today with alot of them in storage:bang (let me out)
I really like the sides and the back of the LM car, but I do not like the hood.
I really can't decide on buying the Aerobdy for my 90 TT. I love the look of that body, but will it hurt the cars value down the line because it did not come from Chevy that way? Heavy thoughts!!;shrug

Cross

Crosschkm said:
I really can't decide on buying the Aerobdy for my 90 TT. I love the look of that body, but will it hurt the cars value down the line because it did not come from Chevy that way? Heavy thoughts!!;shrug

Cross

Cross, One of the guys here just did the body on his B2K...

It looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Reeves on the subject, "sometimes getting the cars & bodies together in time during the production run was difficult"

In other words, many cars were either held for bodywork or the bodies were sent out to be fit later on - I honestly do not think that a properly done Aerobody would hurt the cars value in the least bit - Callaway Cars will document the sale of it to your car and reference it to your car # and VIN #

here is a pic of the bodywork being fianlized - Hope this helps :m
pict13lg.gif

*89x2* said:
There is (and has been) a 40th anniv Callaway for sale (NOT a ZR1) in Warren? MI. the asking price is 24grand fromthe trader ad... Callaway, CONVERTIBLE, 40th Anniversary, ruby red, 450 hp, hard top, 6 speed, too much to list, $24000, (586)764-2569 WARREN
Somebody BUY this car!!!

Contacted the owner and went over to take pictures.
attachment.php

Additional 9 pictures at http://community.webshots.com/album/86445008BhsJaa

Car has 69K miles on it now, PowerEffects exhaust and Centerforce Dual friction clutch. The car is in Warren Michigan, a suburb just north of Detroit.

This owner can be contacted via e-mail at bne211@hotmail.com

HoldHard

HoldHard2 said:
Contacted the owner and went over to take pictures. Car has 69K miles on it now, PowerEffects exhaust and Centerforce Dual friction clutch. The car is in Warren Michigan, a suburb just north of Detroit.

This owner can be contacted via e-mail at bne211@hotmail.com

HoldHard

HoldHard, I spoke w/ the owner (I think his name was Don ?? ) last year when I considered buying his car - would be a fun machine at his then asking price of $22k

As I was pondering the thought, I found the 40th Aero 'vert that I did wind up buying :)

I am pretty sure that car has a Hardtop for the convertible too :upthumbs

Were you able to drive the car?? :beer

*89x2* said:
HoldHard, I spoke w/ the owner (I think his name was Don ?? ) last year when I considered buying his car - would be a fun machine at his then asking price of $22k

As I was pondering the thought, I found the 40th Aero 'vert that I did wind up buying :)

I am pretty sure that car has a Hardtop for the convertible too :upthumbs

Were you able to drive the car?? :beer

Yes there is a hardtop that Don has for the car. No, I did not drive it. It did sound very cool when he had it running in the driveway.

HoldHard

When I talked to him he stated it is a 400 supernatural not a 450 as he was told. He said he called Callaway and they told him as far as they records it is a 400 and was never updated to a 450. I guess the previous owner told him he had some work done on the motor. He seems like honest guy. :)

Vette Magazine June 1996 is quoted as saying " ...their Callaways share the limelite with both of the 92 Supernaturals built by Callaway for Bridgestone tires, a 93 Callaway Anniversary ZR-1 and a 93 anniversary coupe"

Hmmm... Anyone know about those other Texas Callaways??:confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom