Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No center console?

01TriBlack

I can't believe the center console is only 1" deep. Am I doing something wrong in opening it? I've looked at it and my brother's tried to see if there is an auxillary release to open it all the way. I'll be darned if we can find it. Maybe this is where the owner's-manual-I-don't-think-I-have is?

Opening Center Console

If you are referring to console lid not opening fully to a vertical position, then the following procedure will accomplish this. Once you have opened the lid as far as it will go, simply pull the lid towards you (the driver) and the lid will open all the way. There is a "knuckle" or jointed hinge arrangement which provides a scissor action. Hope this works.

Ron

You are correct, it is a very shallow console, my garage door remote barely fits in there. At least it locks, important on a convertible. I've not gotten in to my car too deep yet, but I'm assuming there are lots of systems control stuff running under the console, hence the short depth. But there is a nice size glove box. It's a Corvette, travel light, travel fast and enjoy. Don't forget to wave.
Bruce

Welcome b pappy,
Yellow ragtops all the way! :) and we are neighbors. Give me a shout via email. I don't know it all, but I've been studyin real hard.
Rob

Small for one reason-

Thats so you can keep the insurance papers and registration handy when you get pulled over!

Well I called the dealership. To my disappointment, it is as shallow as suspected - no secret releases. They said the tranny sits under there - that's why the loss of deep console.

Thanks, all, for the replies. My computer keeps crashing on me, otherwise I would have seen the post and saved the call to the dealer.

The tranny does not sit under there. The transmission is behind you. just in front of the differential. Perhaps the torque tube is there, but not the transmission.

DarkShark78 said:
Thats so you can keep the insurance papers and registration handy

And don't make the mistake of opening it while you're buzzing down the road with the top down.

Wooops - 52 pickup, on the open road!

Been there, done that - GT

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom