Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No Dinger!

ZAL81

Corvette
81 Charcoal Metallic 4-spd & 94 Red 6 spd vert
I have no door open/lights on/key-in-ignition dinger/buzzer on my 94. According to the service manual I have to tear apart the upper dash panel just to get to the piece they call the "TONE GENERATOR" to test it and see if it is bad. Done checked the fuse, couldn't be that simple. Anyone else had this trouble before? ZAL81

Nope, but you do "have to tear apart the upper dash panel just to get to the piece they call the "TONE GENERATOR". Sorry to bear the bad news. :eyerole

_ken :w

.... and they do go bad. My '93 had a dinger that was only working half the time, just figured it was smarter to leave the dash alone until something else broke...

I just got my first Vette an 89 and people here have been great...I'm not super up on them but.... as I was working out my problems with overheating and such...my Vette didn't make any tones with my key in...as it turns out we only had the one set of keys and the wife wanted a set so after getting the new set made I wanted to make sure they worked and they did along with tones if I leave the key in when the door is opened. the old key is maybe worn or something but the new key makes the tones and noises.

Hope this helps

Byron

my 94 does the same thing sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't same problem you think?

I should add that when I push and hold the "old" key in the ignition it did chime...but only when it is held in.

Good luck

I'm afraid mines more than the key. Mine doesn't ding at anytime- door open, lights left on, or key in ignition. I guess I'll be pricing a tone generator and working up the nerve & time to tear my dash apart, Ye Ha!!! ZAL81

P.S. Just for S's and G's I tried my other keys - no luck

dinger update

Got in the car Sat. morning , put the key in the ignition and the dinger worked for about 6 dings and then quit again. Couldn't get it to work again know matter what I did. Got to reading the manual more and am now thinking I could have a bad/corroded ground. Think this is a possibility?? ZAL81

P.S. Still have no lights on ding or turn signal ding when I use my turn signals.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom