Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No More Buying Power Window Switches

Fellow Shark pilots, I made a marvelous discovery today. After crapping out my third Power Window switch I decided to take one apart to see what was making it fail. Lo and behold....... the only thing that is failing is the small circuit card in the switch is getting loose. Once the board drops even the slightest amount, the switch contacts can not meet, thus closing the circuits and either raising or lowering the window. The fix is a snap and took a grand total of 5 minutes.

The switch has a metal housing (or at least it should have one). The circuit board is (supposedly) held in place by having the inside tabs of the housing slightly bent inward. This is (supposed) to hold the board in place. Over time and use, the board can become pushed down. All I did was locate the board in the proper place, get some Super Glue Gel and very lightly dap around the edges of the board/housing. Once dry, take a SMALL hammer and tap the tabs in a little more to hold the board. The firmness of the switch lever immediately returns and the switch will function perfectly. You may also want to carefully clean the copper contacts once the switch is apart. Reinstall and voila!!! One working power window switch.

No more $39.95 switches from the aftermarket houses. Any problems or questions, feel free to email of pm me and I'll be happy to assist.

I am a happy camper tonight. :D

............ Nut

Nut, thanks for posting this info. I had the same problem and finally got around to working on the switch. Had to remove the seats, etc. just as you mentioned. Followed your directions and salvaged the switch. Super glued the other one while I had it out. Thanks again for sharing!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom