Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No other Generation

2nd Request: Define "a lot"? What percentage would you say despise C4s?

I guess it is all a matter of perspective. And I didn't fail at anything as I was under no obligations.

You're not under any obligations? Well I seem to recall you said:

no other generation of corvette has arrived with more change than the C4.
it looks like the 5 and 6 made improvements on this platform..
but the difference between a C3 and a C4 is remarkable..nothing in common, nothing
but the 5's and 6's kinda snuk up on it using improved parts and pieces..kind of a gradual change
and the C4 is the longest run, isnt it?

Which was, to be blunt, completely riddled with errors, mis-information and conclusions utterly lacking in logic and facts. Please feel free to back it up or, if under "no obligation" you can always step off.

My intention wasn't to "note the actual important upgrades". Which is subjective at best.

Important? You skipped the computer designed chassis? The lack of a center bar? The direction tire suspension? The 1+G skip pad? But you fixate on the direction of light rotation as your important centerpiece premise of your argument. Can you explain why?

Subjective? Have you considered the R&D budget GM expended on the C4 development program in the early 1980s? Do you believe that the man hours expended on developing the 'radical' 180 degree rotating headlights compares to the man hours and expenses GM expended on the C4 chassis? The difference is not 'subjective' but rather is an order of magnitude.

I was just simply noting some of the visual distinctions between the C4 and the other Vettes. Which was not intended to be an all-inclusive list anyways. Whether someone feels those things are "radical" or not is a matter of opinion.

Your original post did not key on the "visual distinctions" but seemed caught up in importance of the axis of rotation for the headlights. I believe I've already previously summarized the relevance of the C4's exterior features in my previous post. While certainly debatable a basic consideration of automotive design history as it relates to each of the Corvettes generations seems missing from your argument.

it's a mute point in arguing that one generation is better than the other simply based on upgrades.

But your original point was that the C4 had the "most" upgrades and that it was the most 'radical' generation. You posted that to a public forum. Once confronted with minimal factual information about all the other generations that you've essentially overlooked or written off - you seem to be somewhat defensive. Did you start this thread just for a bunch of 'attaboys' or what?

I'm sure I could go pull out a 1 inch thick Corvette book and note 1,000 upgrades you have "failed" to mention. I also noticed in your diatribe that you didn’t mention anything about Bose. Oops… haha.

I didn't intend to present a "diatribe" but rather a very brief fact based summary of points about the previous and subsequent generations of Corvettes which seemed to be overlooked in your original and subsequent argument.

2nd Request: Define "a lot"? What percentage would you say despise C4s?

You're not under any obligations? Well I seem to recall you said:

Which was, to be blunt, completely riddled with errors, mis-information and conclusions utterly lacking in logic and facts. Please feel free to back it up or, if under "no obligation" you can always step off.

Important? You skipped the computer designed chassis? The lack of a center bar? The direction tire suspension? The 1+G skip pad? But you fixate on the direction of light rotation as your important centerpiece premise of your argument. Can you explain why?

Subjective? Have you considered the R&D budget GM expended on the C4 development program in the early 1980s? Do you believe that the man hours expended on developing the 'radical' 180 degree rotating headlights compares to the man hours and expenses GM expended on the C4 chassis? The difference is not 'subjective' but rather is an order of magnitude.

Your original post did not key on the "visual distinctions" but seemed caught up in importance of the axis of rotation for the headlights. I believe I've already previously summarized the relevance of the C4's exterior features in my previous post. While certainly debatable a basic consideration of automotive design history as it relates to each of the Corvettes generations seems missing from your argument.

But your original point was that the C4 had the "most" upgrades and that it was the most 'radical' generation. You posted that to a public forum. Once confronted with minimal factual information about all the other generations that you've essentially overlooked or written off - you seem to be somewhat defensive. Did you start this thread just for a bunch of 'attaboys' or what?

I didn't intend to present a "diatribe" but rather a very brief fact based summary of points about the previous and subsequent generations of Corvettes which seemed to be overlooked in your original and subsequent argument.

First off, you've got your quotes messed up. You've got a quote from Bucket trying to claim it as mine.

I don't have a percentage of how many people despise the C4. It is just something I've picked up over the years that there have been alot of comments about people turning their noses up to the C4 compared to other generations. Sometimes I've heard about it when people go to car shows with their C4. I've heard a few times the C4 referenced as being the red headed step child of the Corvette community.

Though, your entire argument is ridiculous and pointless anyways as you are mostly basing it off of what another member said. So go argue with that member instead.

I didn't start this thread. This is the first post I made to this thread:

I believe the C4 is the most radical Corvette. Which is why I like it and alot of people hate it. Clamshell hood, 180 degree flipping headlights, popping rear hatch, digital dash, Targa see thru top, fitted seats.

That is my opinion and my assertion of what I like about the C4. And you will find that I made no point that the C4 had the "most upgrades." You are trying to make an argument out of nothing in which you are trying to tell me that I left out information or should have mentioned certain things in my above post. In which like I said that I was under no obligations to mention anything you say I failed to mention or should have mentioned. You've made yourself look like a complete jackass.

Can't we just agree that the C4 is beautiful and has great performance? :upthumbs

One of the reasons I love the C4's is because it is all business. Performance first, comfort and convenience 2nd. The cramped interior, the tight engine bay, the low, low ride, the short wheelbase, it all makes sense once you really drive the car on a road course! If you're looking for a great track car that is fast, relatively inexpensive, beautiful, and plentiful, look no further than the C4.

Can't we just agree that the C4 is beautiful and has great performance? :upthumbs

One of the reasons I love the C4's is because it is all business. Performance first, comfort and convenience 2nd. The cramped interior, the tight engine bay, the low, low ride, the short wheelbase, it all makes sense once you really drive the car on a road course! If you're looking for a great track car that is fast, relatively inexpensive, beautiful, and plentiful, look no further than the C4.

I Couldn't have said it better Rogue :upthumbs :beer

My apologies to both JoshWilson and Bucket - I clearly confused the two of you in my original - my bad.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom