Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No Remote Start but does?

Ollie

Corvette
I reciently sold my 78 and purchased a 97. I have been told that 97 did not have a remote start and I was told that their is no remote start on my car but if I hit the lock button twice the car will start. So far no one knows why. I also have problems with the fob. It will learn the fob and start the car. After a few hours it forgets the fob and I have to make it learn again. It will again start the car. I have replace the battery in the fob so that was not the problem with it forgetting afer a couple of hours.
The dealer has given up.
Any one have any idea what the problem may be?
Thanks

echo

Yes their is. Being new to the group I was not sure which group would have an answer.

It seems to me that there must be some sort of aftermarket remote starter system installed.

That's what you would think but we have gone throught the car and their is no obivious addition. We have compared it to another 97 and see no additional components.
The mechanics at the Corvette dealership also have no idea. They have spent a few hours trying to figure out what is going on.

start in the fuse panel, and trace all circuits - bet you find there is an after-market remote start circuit

Ollie,

Welcome to the :CAC! Since you are getting responses in this thread, I deleted the one you posted in C5 General.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom