Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No Start

M

mjsrun

I have a 1990 coupe and just finished getting my fuel injectors cleaned and serviced.
There was nothing unusual about removing the parts and connectors then getting at the fuel rail and then removing the injectors.
Now that I reinstalled the parts, gaskets ,etc. and hooked up all wiring with all bolts torqued, I have a no start problem.
I am wondering if anybody may have had a similar problem and what they might have done to correct it. I tried to jump the car and all accessories light up and work with or without cables. Also, I've heard there is a starter relay that may need to be booted. ?????
Anyway, if anybody can help me out with this it would be great. I am stumped...
Thanks
Mark

Glad to have this problem over

I figured out how to fix my problems with the starting. Thanks to Vigman and several others who offered remedies to try.
Others who have also had starting problems while doing repairs to the injectors or various things.
In my case a connector was not fully plugged in, thus causing the ECM to not read properly. No Start. After reconnecting the connector the error went away.
I then Disconnected the battery cable for 1 minute then reconnected the battery cable to let the ECM relearn.
The car started right up. Varoooom.
Saved again from the $71/hour knife.

MJS RUN!

You have not recieved MY BILL YET!

1) Starbucks Frappichino delivered by the Barbie twins.
( Or any similiar pair of hotties )

PAY UP SUCKER!

Vig!

Hope this will help others.

It has been about 4-5 years now and still was having a no start problem which eventually turned into an intermittent problem. Finally no start at all.. Well, off to the dealer. First time for everything I guess. They found that my problem was a bad connection to the starter in the bulkhead connector. Never went there before, but if I had I would have found that the wiring there was not as it should be. Not often I would say hurray to the dealer. Wiring can really be a hassle at times..Thanks for the electrician who would not stop until he found the item in question.

Hope this will put an end to this forever..

Mark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom