Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! no start.

D

dudeboy

I have a 1987 vet with 86000 miles , just one day it decided to not start, not even turn over. all lights, radio, etc,still work. the starter shows no wanting to work. the solinoid doesnt click . I have checked the battery out, its good . besides from pulling the starter, what next? the alarm works good ( horn honks) somebody have a clue??? the starter removal seems to be a big lob. from all the research I have done, I am sure it it the key,clean the resister on the key. and try agin. It works.spray the key switch on the stering collumn cant lose-/

Last edited:
Clean the battery cable ends and the battery terminals. The negative cable is especially prone to corrosion and can allow enough voltage to work the lights but not enough to engage the starter. I would start there.

It would be better to put this in the General or tech sections rather than the for sale forum. You won't get much help here.

no start

I have a 1987 vet with 86000 miles , just one day it decided to not start, not even turn over. all lights, radio, etc,still work. the starter shows no wanting to work. the solinoid doesnt click . I have checked the battery out, its good . besides from pulling the starter, what next? the alarm works good ( horn honks) somebody have a clue??? the starter removal seems to be a big lob. from all the research I have done, I am sure it it the key,clean the resister on the key. and try agin. It works.spray the key switch on the stering collumn cant lose-/

Allways check the suspected part first.on this one, STARTER, I have taken several days and several dollars checking out every thing but what I should have. The battery,key switch, wires,vats system, took half the dash apart, and traced down all the fuses, some of this I may have done twice to be sure, hauled the car to a mechanic with an anilizer. the anilizer said, all parts were good and working well.(it dont check starters.) As diffucult as it was, I pulled the starter, IT WAS BAD,bought a new one from Auto Zone, It fired right up. to save time and money I suspected every thing but the problem. If I had a flat tire, should I remove the other three first to check them out and lastly the flat one?
I want to thank you for all the help I got from you guys.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom