Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! No start

I removed the knock sensors and no water came out. Is there something I'm missing or are they plugged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckily it was only a little rusty. Just pricked it and it ran clear pretty quickly.

Here's a couple pics of the steering wheel and air bag. Note there is a cover over the wheel as the original leather is worn and torn. It's the way I bought the car. The cover is very tight fitting so I didn't want to stretch it removing it.It could be re-covered if you wish. Horn buttons and their wiring are like new.
I don't know about shipping to Japan though. The airbags are explosive.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Remove the SIR then ship the wheel without it. Let him install his existing bag in that wheel.

Luckily it was only a little rusty. Just pricked it and it ran clear pretty quickly.

If you had to stick a screwdrive in the block drains to clear them, that means there is a fair amount of rust and scale in the lowest parts of the cooling system. I suggest you flush the system, then refil with a 50/50 mix of Dexcool and water.

Actually I scored a complete steering wheel and air bag here for $30. I flushed about 10gallon of fresh water through the system. In the end only clear water came out of the block.
Next I need left side trunk carpet and center console armrest.

3a2dceaf1166b8599f3de3218d2db057.jpg
211f65b140c867c76866c62b12407cd2.jpg
t
3270f82d4f34daa29c67adbdce79f27d.jpg
547b0d477d7ebb3d16b8e4d8685f5b28.jpg
0af52dcac1672d3ba7b19c1a3de36df2.jpg
2e284b3b6c1ce13220aba34163e72089.jpg

It is loud and thirsty. Need to find the right puller to remove the steering wheel

The PO put 8liter/8gallons of oil in it. Wow. Tried a gear puller in the steering hub to no avail. Does it sit properly?

The PO put 8liter/8gallons of oil in it. Wow. Tried a gear puller in the steering hub to no avail. Does it sit properly?

You can use a harmonic balancer puller. Just use the opposing 2 legs of it and tighten them evenly so the puller is level. If it is stuck,.. put some tension on it by tightening the center puller bolt down, then TAP the center puller bolt. It'll pop right off.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

Last edited:
Thanks. Finally I used 2 bolt hole on the hub with super long 13mm bolts attached to the gear puller.

66913f08879ae0df0ad976de56cdb408.jpg
892814e92e8459dd9bd5db16aa194999.jpg

Wish I could post a video of it running.

Hello again. Still have the car. I’ve been trying to return it to original condition but can’t find the left trunk carpet. If anyone has a spare or can suggest a near match it would be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday she got a brake service.
49f5b4abe50849b31198b62184722744.jpg
95809873dc64c48645ee0e177a4b038b.jpg
cb5bcadeae39e09e638f265b1812b803.jpg
18abb355fdd264eacfe9d8f36403f983.jpg

Hi y’all. Yesterday I washed the car. Parked it. Today after charging the battery, the engine won’t turn. The starter I clanking. I check the connection and it cranks much longer than normal then it start but with a cloud of blue smoke from the left exhaust only. Right exhaust is clear. I thought it was flooded and would burn off but the smoking continued and a small oil leak was found on the left side of the motor under the exhaust manifold. Idle is rough. What could it be?

You probably have one or more leaking fuel injectors.

Run the fuel pressure tests discussed in the factory service manual and post the results.

Thanks. I’ll check them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You probably have one or more leaking fuel injectors.

Run the fuel pressure tests discussed in the factory service manual and post the results.

Follow a sequence. 1st check your fuel pressure, then shut down engine and watch for leak down. You should have 40* psi. If not check filter, and/or regulator. If it leaks down quickly check injectors. If you just throw parts at it you will spend a lot of time and money needsly.

It not leaking injectors. It’s blue smoke. Burning oil on the left back.

Ok.
If it's blue smoke, run a leakage test and post the results.

Also, this...

Follow a sequence. 1st check your fuel pressure, then shut down engine and watch for leak down. You should have 40* psi. If not check filter, and/or regulator. If it leaks down quickly check injectors. If you just throw parts at it you will spend a lot of time and money needsly.

...is not the correct procedure for testing fuel pressure. It's done with the key on and engine off. You turn the key on. The pressure shoud come up and peak. When the pump shuts off, it should drop slightly and hold at 41-47-psi.

If it won't hold, then follow the instructions in the Service Manual for diagnosis of the fuel sysem.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom