Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No Start

Vette_Dreaming

Corvette
Y2K Navy Blue Roadster
I did some searchs to see if I could find this problem. I either didn't use the right key words or didn't go far enough into the results. Any way I went out to my 2000 M6 last night and nothing happened, I mean nothing. I punched the remote as I walked up to the car (I was not at home) and all of the lights, etc came on, the door was unlocked. I tried to start the car and nothing happened.:puke I then realized that all of the lights were all out. A friend tried to jump and still nothing, so I don't think it is battery related. I checked the connections on the battery, all tight. I just don't know what to do. Any ideas? I don't think it relates to the column lock problem since there is NOTHING happening at all. I also checked to see if there was any water that might have dripped onto the fuse panel on the right side floor, it didn't look like any water had ever been there. It is the strangest thing, it is like a main fuse or fusable link went.

My money is on the battery. I had a similar experience but all the electronics did some crazy stuff. I could not jump the car and it would not turn over at all. There seems to be no warning when the battery goes in the Vette. My neighbor at the time had the same model car and I borrowed the battery from his car and drove out to see if it would start with a new battery and she fired right up.

Good luck!

Leon

Problem solved. I took the battery out and had it checked it was good. I was putting things back together and found that there was a very small amount of corrosion on the positive cable. The rubber "cap" had been pushed out of shape and the corrosion was allowed to form. Any way cleaned it up and hooked it all back up. The light under the hood came on and it fired right up when I tried it. I could not believe that the small amount of corrosion could cause the problem but glad that it was nothing major. I am thinking I might put a little dyelectric (?) grease on the contact point to help keep the problem from happening again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom