Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Nose height adjustment?

Johan

Corvette
1974 red coupe, 1969 yellow vert
Hello,

I have just installed my body (69 conv) after swapping to a replacement frame and the body sits good on all 8 mounts, with a few shims on some.

In the front, however, I have a good 2 in between the radiator support and the crossmember, and that is when the nose is hanging freely in the lowest position, so I probably need to raise the crossmember even more than that.
(At first I thought I had forgot some part that was supposed to be between...)
Everything on the body looks ok, so I think (and hope) that the problem is the front crossmember being too low.

The frame extensions were installed before the body, and since the holes are big I guess they can be adjusted up quite a lot. But - is there some reference I should use in the front, like how high the crossmember (rad support bottom) should be compared to some point on the frame? Or any body part in reference to the frame?
My frame extensions are also new, so the frame, extensions and body have never met before.
I have not unbolted the rad support from the body, but I understand it can also be adjusted some?

Both the frame and the new extensions are supposed to be 69 or 70.(but who knows for sure...) Could it be that the frame extensions are actually different if they are later than 69?

/Johan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom