Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Not exactly a performance upgrade

yellow77

Corvette
1977, Bright Yellow
Well, the inside of the car always struck me as being dark at night when entering or exiting so I added a pair of these lights. They are from a porsche 911, so they are used to going fast ;) .
Anyway, thoughts anyone?

I like them ;) My thoughts are "Ya Done Good" ;)

Bud

very nice touch!!!!:upthumbs

bill............:w

They look good, not tacky. Did you wire them up from the dome light or come directly off the door switches? Unfortunately, now you can see all that stuff in the carpet that you missed with the vacuum. ;LOL

Mike :w

I like it!

The installation looks good, very professional.
I would be interested in seeing photos of the install and write up on how you did it and where you got the parts.

I also like more light in the cabin, I added pair of clear F¤%D turn signal lenses to my 75, it really made the whole interior light up!

Here's an old project pic showing the lights:

DSC03814.jpg

yellow77 said:
Well, the inside of the car always struck me as being dark at night when entering or exiting so I added a pair of these lights. They are from a porsche 911, so they are used to going fast ;) .
Anyway, thoughts anyone?

Great job.

You wrote that these are from a Porsche 911. What is the part #?

What an excellent idea. Thanks!

Hi all,
Thanks for all the positive comments. I will have to pull one of the lights to get a part number for you. I got them from E-Bay and thought they looked perfect for what I wanted to accomplish. They are wired to the dome light, but also have their own ground, they are three position, door, off and ON. This nstallation was a snap, all you have to do is make the holes in the side console where there is nothing interfering behind it, for example like the radio.
Oh, and yes, they illuminate all the trash in my carpets lol.

Cheers

Richard

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom