Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

not holding fuel pressure

That VAC line

Is the feed for your internal heater stuff, VAC cannon ball,& cruise.

The EGR is under the plenum, look under ,between the down pipes foward a bit from the distrib you 'll find it there.

The mystery connector is your EGR heat sensor.

The EGR solonoid is up by the thermostat housing.

The TPS take some small speaker wire, strip it, shove it into the connector and re connect.

I'm thinking fuel pump next...... to be sure

At that milage I'll bet your intake sock is sucked 1/2 way into the pump intake and LOADED with evil.

Mike

Most thoughts

If you try to start the car with the pedal down
( flood mode) and it fires right up there's a good pointer your injectors are leaking.

Mike

Is the feed for your internal heater stuff, VAC cannon ball,& cruise.
Urk. And while playing with that line, the check valve disintegrated as well. And none of the local parts stores carry a similar one. Back to the dealer I go... fun...

The EGR is under the plenum, look under ,between the down pipes foward a bit from the distrib you 'll find it there.

OK, thought that's where it was. Can't find any of the wiring harnesses that Haynes says should be there. So I bid on and won an 86 shop manual off eBay ($26 + shipping) which had *better* show the right location for this stuff...

The TPS take some small speaker wire, strip it, shove it into the connector and re connect.

Oh. Makes sense. Will try that.

Will also look at disassembling the fuel pump (I plan to get another within a couple weeks anyway). First step in your instructions: "Drive until the tank is almost empty". I can do that! :) we've been having an unseasonably nice January.

Thanks again.
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom