Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Not Ruby Red !

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

blockhead

I recently purchased a 1993 convertible Vette. Was sold as a 40th anniversary edition. But car is triple black with a black interior. Does this still classify as a true 40th anniversary edition?

blockhead said:
I recently purchased a 1993 convertible Vette. Was sold as a 40th anniversary edition. But car is triple black with a black interior. Does this still classify as a true 40th anniversary edition?

Here is the technical answer from the 40th Registry:

Hope this helps :m

Q. My friend has a Polo Green 1993 Corvette with the 40th Anniversary Logo on the leather head rests. Does this mean that this car is a 40th Anniversary car?
A. SURE. Since the Corvette was introduced to the world in 1953 all 1993 Corvettes are 40th anniversary cars. However, the RPO Z25 "Anniversary Package" was Chevy's way of producing a special car for the 40th Anniversary.

blockhead said:

40th anniversary car? certainly.

40th Anniversary Edition? nope!

The 40th edition came with RPO Z25 at a cost of $1455 which included ruby red metallic exterior, ruby leather interior, 40th exterior badging, and ruby wheel center caps. If it isn't ruby/ruby, it is not an "Edition" (but who cares?).

Actually, all 93's are considered 40th anniversary edition. They all have the 40th logo on the headrest of the seats. Ruby was a option package. I love the Ruby
Ruby3.jpg

HPG said:
...Actually, all 93's are considered 40th anniversary edition. They all have the 40th logo on the headrest of the seats..........

Yep..... that's right, the logo on the seat is the defining factor. All the other ruby stuff that is included with RPO Z25 is just superfluous nonsense, and has nothing to do with the identity of a 40th Edition Corvette.

blockhead said:

Your tri-black '93 Vette is a 40th Anniversary car because it is a 1993 car marking the ro years since the '53 Vette was produce--it's just NOT the 40th Anniversary Edition RUBY RED. That's why they all '93s have 40th stitched in the headrests-if the interiors are leather. The Ruby Red 40th Anny Vettes have special badges, center caps and matching Ruby Red interiors.
:w

RUBY CARS

Your tri-black '93 Vette is a 40th Anniversary car because it is a 1993 car marking the ro years since the '53 Vette was produce--it's just NOT the 40th Anniversary Edition RUBY RED. That's why they all '93s have 40th stitched in the headrests-if the interiors are leather. The Ruby Red 40th Anny Vettes have special badges, center caps and matching Ruby Red interiors.
:w
If some people say so what to the ruby colour combination why is the universal response to the rubies WOW I love that colour,add ruby leather ruby softop and ruby hardtop and you have a stunning example of Corvettes' 40th Anniversary Commemorative Edition. It's like saying so what your 63 corvette has a 40 gal gas tank!!!!!!

Actually, all 93's are considered 40th anniversary edition. They all have the 40th logo on the headrest of the seats. Ruby was a option package. I love the Ruby
Ruby3.jpg

WOW- what an old thread!!!

Oh well. Same question is asked about the 78, 88, and 03 models.

Funny... but no one made a big stink about a 45th anniversary model. Those guys got hosed. Nothing. Not even an emblem.

:L

FWIW... Russia painted all cars the same color (hence all were same model and version) and used that color to denote the year. Not that I don't like Ruby Red.... but all Vettes for '93??? :crazy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom