Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Not so honest business

W

wwilkins

In November I bought a t-top off ebay from corvettehangout in Miami Florida. He advertised it as bronze but the one I got was blue. We talked about part numbers and he told me how to read them so we agreed on the number I needed then I returned that top. The replacement one still was not the right color and it was broken so I sent it back again and he agreed to return my money. Now 4 months after he first agreed to send my money back I still do not have my money. He doesn't return e-mails or calls and only rarely answers the phone. I know you shouldn't spend more through the mail than you can afford to lose but I still don't like it when it happens to me.

Bill

Some folks don't really care how they treat their customers as long as they get the money from them. I would be steaming. Have you given his local BBB a call and see if they can stir him up some?

sorry that happened to you. You just can't trust the people selling on the net.

When people do that it makes me sick:puke

hope you can get some resolution from it.

Bill,

I agree with Eddie, contact the Better Business Bureau. I think they now allow online filing of complaints, click here to go to their complaint page. I used them once to resolve a problem and, though it took a while, I got the resolution I wanted. They will want very detailed documentation to include receipts, phone conversation logs or log of attempted contacts, emails, etc.

From the looks of the businesses website, it not a very big operation. I don't know if that is good or bad for you. I looked his site over and saw nothing about "satisfaction guarantee" or anything of the sort.

Good luck getting this resolved.

If you purchased the item with a credit card can you dispute the claim with your credit card company?
Heidi

jdp6000 said:
You say it was offf EBAY. They also have ways to deal with problems. Send EBAY a message.

Jim

After 60 days, ebay doesn't care. I found that one out the hard way.

That's the right place and ebay isn't much help for an old auction. Money orders are not the best way to pay for an auction it seems. The guy gave me a sad story about his health so I was trying to be patient but it's ended up costing me. I have a complaint going to the BBB thanks for that idea.

Bill

If the money was sent throuh the USPS, that might be considered mail fraud. I'd check with them as well.
Don

Bill (wwilkins),

I read how you are handling this situation, and the replies you have received, and I am extremely proud of the way this thread has gone.

You provided information without firing a shot and the comments have been supportive and dare I say "mature".

Thanks for sharing your experience with this vendor and keeping everything in perspective.. I wish you success in resolving this with The Corvettehangout in Miami, Florida.

Bud Dougherty
Forums Administrator

I won't say that I haven't wanted to be real nasty but that just makes him mad and he keeps my money. I will say that my shed is a little tired of hearing what my imagination came up with. After posting my problem on both of the forums I read, the business owner has agreed to send my money to me again but this time I have a USPS tracking number. Thanks for the helpful suggestions and for letting me vent.

Bill

On the bright side my 82 is probably coming home this weekend with a new coat of yellow paint on it!!!!!

I got my money back today. Thanks to everyone who helped and shared my pain. No, I won't be buying from him again.

Bill

wwilkins said:
I got my money back today. Thanks to everyone who helped and shared my pain. No, I won't be buying from him again.

Bill

Great news Bill! Glad you finally got your refund, too bad it took so much work.

- Eric:w

dfw81shark said:
After 60 days, ebay doesn't care. I found that one out the hard way.

Ebay administration appears to favor the ebay seller than the ebuyer. Its true that the seller, who on the online auctions is the one paying ebay to list the item, is afforded slightly better advantage over the ebuyer. This will certainly prove their demise in the future.

I "won" an item, and apparently the seller thought that he or she did not get the price they were looking for, so after the sale was over, the seller retracted the sale explaining that the item was no longer available; however, the same seller, at the same starting price, and the same item I had "won" appeared on another sale.

I complained, and this is what ebay told me:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay's Customer Support. I understand your
frustration as the auction was cancelled by the seller. I am sorry for
any frustration this situation has caused you.

Please understand that at this point of item what you can do is you can
contact the seller and can communicate with them regarding the same.
However, what you can do is you can place bid on the same relisted item
on eBay from the same seller after you are successful in communicating
with them.

Moreover, also note that as you have the right to choose the seller you
want to deal with, the same way, every Seller on eBay has the right to
choose the bidders they want to deal with and cancel bids and/or end a
listing early. however, rest assured that we track each and every
auction that has been ended by the seller and the reasons for the same.
If a seller needs to end the auction early, he needs to select a reason
to do so, and the same is also displayed on the item listing page after
s/he ends it.

Just as a store owner can remove an item from her shelves at any time,
sellers on eBay have the right to end their listings at any time prior
to completion. While I know this policy can cause our buyers
disappointment, we don't feel it's fair to force someone to sell an item
they have decided not to sell after all.

If the item you wanted has been ended by the seller, you can always
search for another one. I am sure you are bound to get a better deal.
With so many sellers listing a variety of items on eBay, getting the
same item at a cheaper rate is not a big deal!

Further, please be aware that sellers are not permitted to cancel bids
and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not
meet the desired sale price. Although there are legitimate reasons for
ending a listing early, abuse of this option is investigated.

We are committed to making your experiences at eBay pleasant and
rewarding. Thanks for choosing eBay.

Regards,

Ralph J.
eBay Customer Support Representative

investigated...bs....my claim was that just as ebuyers face consequences for failling to pay for an item "won", so should sellers who retract their bids and re-list them. They should require that sellers that the item is also being sold locally, and that this would be the only reason a item would be withdrawn. What about my right to change my mind and not buy the ietm?

I just think that it should be at the same level buyer or seller.

GerryLP:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom