Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Noz installed... :)

frisk

Corvette
1972 BB502
Well i just wanna let you all know that my Noz is now installed and i have runned it on a bench.. Or as we call it here in Sweden, Rolling highway hehehe. I dont know what the right name is in english though. However the engine produces 550hp on the wheels and gives more then 800nm, 588 ft./lbs.
I´ll have to wait for warmer wetter. The whole country is coverd in snow now :(
so i´ll have to wait and see what the time will be on the 1/4mile...

Nice Friskman!! :_rock

550hp/800nm, 588 ft./lbs :lou :lou

Yipe!

Well i just wanna let you all know that my Noz is now installed and i have runned it on a bench.. Or as we call it here in Sweden, Rolling highway hehehe. I dont know what the right name is in english though. However the engine produces 550hp on the wheels and gives more then 800nm, 588 ft./lbs.
We call it a "Dyno" over here, short for "dynomometer", which is what it is. :)
If I'm reading your blurb correctly under your avatar, you already have a 502ci in your car. And now you've added nitrous oxide to it...? But you are only getting 550hp/588tq WITH the juice? Sounds waaay low. :confused The base 502 engine should be putting out 500/500 without the juice. Doesn't sound like it's really adding all that much. :confused

Well as i said "On the wheels" i have 550 Din-HP. Its true that the engine should have 502hp but then i have a TH400. that and the rest of the driveshaft reduces the hp some 20-30% have i heard. Without the NoZ i had abot 380hp on the wheels. I quess thats around 25% for my car im loosing but i should ad that my gearbox is in bad shape so after my renovation i might get a little better results ;)

Well as i said "On the wheels" i have 550 Din-HP. Its true that the engine should have 502hp but then i have a TH400. that and the rest of the driveshaft reduces the hp some 20-30% have i heard. Without the NoZ i had abot 380hp on the wheels. I quess thats around 25% for my car im loosing but i should ad that my gearbox is in bad shape so after my renovation i might get a little better results ;)

Doh! :duh
My bad... you're right. I'm having some 'blond moments' today. I should've expected your numbers to be quoted as @ the rear wheels, which would make much more sense.
I'll just shut up and crawl back under my rock now. :L
Oh yeah..."Nice numbers!" :upthumbs

Well thats alright hehehe
I just hope i´ll see my friend in the mirror this summer... he has a C6 Z06... But it´s a yellow car so im not worried hehehe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom