Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NPP Exhaust - How to Polish?

Corvette
2008 3LT Jetstream Blue Z51-NPP A-6 Coupe
Is the NPP dual-mode exhaust stainless steel or chrome, and is it clear coated? I'm asking so I can figure out the right metal polish to use on the tips. Thanks to all. Rick :confused

Yea, what's everyone use to keep their NPP tips clean?

I've used "Greased Lightning" cleaner and a bottle brush on mine with good results but I don't want to ruin them over time either.

I just assumed the NPP exhaust tips were stainless. I personally have not used any polish on mine. I just clean them off with a micro-fiber towel when I wash her. But then, I'm not looking for a shiny chrome look anyway. I like the matte finish look.

Jason

I've never given any of my vettes exhaust's a second thought when it comes to cleaning.MOTHERS always did right by me.The little red jar.:beer

Is the NPP dual-mode exhaust stainless steel or chrome, and is it clear coated? I'm asking so I can figure out the right metal polish to use on the tips. Thanks to all. Rick :confused

There is a vendor on another forum that sells a polishing kit. I don't believe he is a supporting vendor here so I will not provide his name in this post.

If you cannot locate the product, PM me.

Save The Wave,
John

When I had a stock exhaust, and now with my Corsa, I use Nevr-Dull. It is about $3.50 a can at Wally World and a bit more at car part places.

The material in the can is impregnated with polish already. It is a wipe-on, wipe-off process that works quite well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom