Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Review: NXTSTEP Performance Exhaust System

Tractorman_3

Corvette
2005 C6 Silver Coupe
Just had the NXTSTEP Exhaust installed on my '05 C6. The sound is great (meaning the 'little lady' doesn't complain) the performance is good and the fit is perfect! It also has a lifetime warranty which probably will not be necessary since it's all stainless steel construction. Oh, and the best part, cost was about 1/2, or less, of most systems considered. http://nxtstepperformance.com/index.php :happyanim:

Last edited:
Just had the NXTSTEP Exhaust installed on my '05 C6. The sound is great (meaning the 'little lady' doesn't complain) the performance is good and the fit is perfect! It also has a lifetime warranty which probably will not be necessary since it's all stainless steel construction. Oh, and the best part, cost was about 1/2, or less, of most systems considered. NXTSTEP Performance :happyanim:

When you say the "performance is good" how are you quantifying that? Did you run before and after dyno tests or track tests?

When you say the "performance is good" how are you quantifying that? Did you run before and after dyno tests or track tests?

Actually, I should have said the performance is 'good enough for me', as I didn't do any scientific testing. I think the mfg. does claim an increase in HP but that was not my main motivator in the first place. This post was simply to help anyone looking at all the offerings of aftermarket exhaust (as I did) and trying to decide what the best value for the $$$ was. It's easy to spend 3 or 4 times what this system cost if you are looking only for performance.

Good price! Made in the U.S?

Good price! Made in the U.S?

Indeed, the prices for NXTSTEP exhausts are very reasonable, especially considering they're stainless.

I looked on that web site. Could not find a discussion of where the products are made.

Great price, but I'm worried about the drone also. Any update?

Great price, but I'm worried about the drone also. Any update?

The drone is not bad at all. You only notice it at lower rpms when pulling away. Cruising, it is easy to control and again not a problem for us. Incidently, we are 'seniors' and probably not the easiest to please. I am pretty sure these are made in the USA. The company is located in CA.
As far as price goes....................they have a very good suggested retail but for what it's worth, shop around and you just might save yourself an extra few hundred bucks! Just sayin.....

Nice stuff, but ''fit all except z06 and zr1'' as stated on the web site

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom