Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Odometer is blinking. What does that indicate?

blackandredvette

Corvette
2002 Red/Red Coupe, 1981 Black/Red Coupe
A little background information leading up till now. My '02 had been slow to start about the last 4 or 5 times. Had to roll the key twice and then it should start. Then one morning it would not start period. It would roll over all day long but wouldn't start. Tried it 2 days later and it started within a second. It drove fine and then died on me about a mile from home. Luckily, it started right back up and I drove it home. It hasn't started since and now the odometer is blinking and sometimes it turns over fine and sometimes it just clicks. I just put new battery on it too. Any ideas?

Sounds like it may be your ignition switch has some burned/high resistance contacts. Very common issue. If you want to try to do some diagnostics I can provide you a link for guidance. Need to know how to use a Volt/Ohm meter.

In the interim you need to pull your DIC codes and post them.

Just to follow up on my original post, it was the ignition switch. No more starting issues or blinking lights!:)

And thanks to you for pointing me in the right direction! This is the best place to come for information!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom