Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

oil filter question

alan ream

Corvette
2004 Red Z06
I bought my Z06 with 6K on it. It's approaching 10K and I want to change the oil and filter. My DIC indicates 7% left on the filter.

My question is: Do I need to do something to reset this readout, or by changing the filter does it do it on it's own.

Any help is appreciated.

alan ream said:
I bought my Z06 with 6K on it. It's approaching 10K and I want to change the oil and filter. My DIC indicates 7% left on the filter.

My question is: Do I need to do something to reset this readout, or by changing the filter does it do it on it's own.

Any help is appreciated.
turn on the ignition without starting the engine and pump the gas pedal 3 time quickly and it should reset,

C5 Oil Reset

alan ream said:

Any help is appreciated.
Alan,

Your profile has a 1995 Corvette description, what year is your Z06?

The owner's manual goes through the reset procedure quite well. If I remember correctly select the Oil Percentage on your DIC, then push and hold the Reset Button until you see the Percentage reset.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

6 Shooter said:
Alan,

The owner's manual goes through the reset procedure quite well. If I remember correctly select the Oil Percentage on your DIC, then push and hold the Reset Button until you see the Percentage reset.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Yep, thats all you have to do is key on engine off , display the oil life and hold reset you will see XXX then release and it should say 100%
-=Rick

6 Shooter said:
Alan,

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter
Thanks a bunch. I really feel silly.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom