Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Filter

• Thread starter Thread starter vetterestorer
  • Start date Start date
I got one the other day from O'Reilly's Auto Parts

vetterestorer said:
Where can I get a nos black oil filter??

Definitely check your local auto parts stores. I've seen them at Pep Boys, etc.

Quite an article on the filter, but now I'm confused. What is everyone else using??

vetterestorer said:
Quite an article on the filter, but now I'm confused. What is everyone else using??

I use the Mobil-1 oil filter. It's more expensive, but the way I look at it, "an ounce of preventative maintenance is worth a pound of prevention down the road."

Rob said:
I use the Mobil-1 oil filter. It's more expensive, but the way I look at it, "an ounce of preventative maintenance is worth a pound of prevention down the road."

Ditto:D:D

Jay

I also switched to the Mobil 1 filter after reading the article. Maybe it's just my perception but the oil appears cleaner after 2000 miles than with the stock filter....

ZR-1 Fanatic said:
I also switched to the Mobil 1 filter after reading the article. Maybe it's just my perception but the oil appears cleaner after 2000 miles than with the stock filter....

Same here Barry.

ZR-1 Fanatic I have the 91 #1768 and your Z is the closest VIN to mine that I have observed so far. What is your color?

KC/ZR-1 said:
ZR-1 Fanatic I have the 91 #1768 and your Z is the closest VIN to mine that I have observed so far. What is your color?

Must have come off the line very close to each other. Mine is red/red.

BTW, it (and we) will be coming through your neck of the woods twice this summer, once to the 50th celebration and once to the Lake of the Ozarks in August. I'll send you an email as we get closer, maybe we can hook up.

Barry

Very interesting.
Many years ago in the old ZR-1 Registry someone did an article about a few different oil filters. Then broke them all down like Mark did.
I need to dig that up and see if I can scan it.

Also, I think a more recent article was done in one of the KOTH magazines about the same thing. Broke down a couple oil filters for analysis.

Ed

FastZR1 said:
Very interesting.
Many years ago in the old ZR-1 Registry someone did an article about a few different oil filters. Then broke them all down like Mark did.
I need to dig that up and see if I can scan it.

Also, I think a more recent article was done in one of the KOTH magazines about the same thing. Broke down a couple oil filters for analysis.

Ed

Yes, actually, if I'm not mistaken, Mark Haibek did the oil filter analysis in one of the Koth Magazines late last year.

Has anyone heard or used of Baldwin filters. I have a lot of fleets that use them, and we opened one up a last week ago to see how they were and they looked like they were built pretty and had a pretty good element. I know they’re widely used in industrial applications.

http://www.baldwinfilter.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom