Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Preference

USD03745

Corvette
1990 White Coupe
Mine is a 1990 w/ L98 and approx. 116,000 miles. Runs like a top. Last oil change I put Mobil 1 in; no problems. However, I have heard good things about Valvoline's MaxLife for engines over 75K. It is a synthetic also.

Any thoughts/comments?

Mobile 1 is hard to beat. I believe this "high milage" stuff is nothing more than "product positioning" something like a "nite time" cold releif. How does your body know its nite time?

I have been using Mobil 1 for more yrs than I can remember. I have had no internal engine problems since I started using it. They start easier in very cold weather and the oil holds it's viscosity when very hot. I recommend it every chance I get.
One summer I was in slow traffic with the air going (95 deg ).The engine temp got to about 250, even after shutting air off,before I could get out of the traffic. The oil pressure didn't drop at all .

Glenn
:w

If you're using 10W30 Mobil 1, you've made a good choice.

CharlesBrown's comment about "high mileage" engine oils being "product positioning" is spot-on.

I just bought my '88 and i have no idea what oil has been used in it..Whenever I bought a new car i always used Mobil1 would hurt this car it has 165K on it now and runs like a top,,Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom