Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

OIL PRESSURE - $50 or $20

meridian6

Corvette
1992 LT1 White Convertible America3
C4cruiser gave me some thoughts, but still have problem. I have a 92, LT1 (P) with 60K miles. Out of the blue the analog gauge in the cluster pegged on the Hi side. No apparent high pressure symptoms from engine.

After turning off, guage dropped to 80 but as soon as ignition is turned on, it pegs out on HI side of gauge without engine running.
There are Two pressure sending units near rear of engine by center of firewall.
There is a tall (longer) (3 Blade connector) unit that stands almost straight up and a smaller (shorter) ( 1 Blade connector) unit that comes out of the same fitting on a horizontal angle.
WHICH ONE OF THESE is most likely the culprit? Is is it my cluster guage?? HELP-p-p-p-p-p! Thanks.

Dealer told me to replace single blade sensor and that the three blade was for fuel pump?
C4CRUISER said the opposite~~????

If I turn key on and ground the middle blade of the tall vertical 3 blade sensor connector, the gauge returns to 0 (LO side) until I break contact then returns to HI pegged out side.

OK GUYS - - Which one do I spend money on first??? The $50 one or the $20 ONE ????? Thanks

Oil Pressure

The fuel pump switch is just a single pole switch. The gage has a high/low and needle. The gage must be the three lead unit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom