Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil pressure problem

redb2k's

Corvette
Lots of vettes-several b2k's
Well I have been driving Callaways for almost 20 year and this is the first time I have been left on the side of the road. I had just accelerated hard and saw the red oil pressure light flicker on. Drove about 10 miles with apx. 15 psi., It is normaly about 80 psi. I stopped and inspected, Saw oil leaking from under vehicle. It must be oil pressure line to left turbo. Towed car to the house. I will inspect later this week or next. Is this tellig me not to drive to Bowling Green? I am thinking so. I don't want to have problem away from home.

I just replaced all the lines under my one TT (the one w/ 30k mi), as Callaway4Fun had suggested they harden and may show a problem if not replaced. But this may, or may not be where the oil is coming from on your car - Please let us know what seal went.:beer

Red,

I did the same and replaced all lines while I had my car at Callaway 2 yrs ago just because they are approaching 20 yrs of age and wanted to avoid line rupture issues. I would advise the same to all B2K owners.

I wouldn't take it as that your car didn't want you to go, but that it wanted to go safely ;).

-Luigi
:cool

Could you see deteioration in lines or is it internal?? Just wondering if I should add these to my growing pile of parts! Also wondering how many B2K's are operating without converters??? Thanks Ike

It is something everyone should look at is the turbo coolant lines and the oil lines.Failure can really hurt the car. They get hard and that causes them to get brittle... a potential problem that can be solved easily. Callaway can make the lines for you . I have had all my lines redone it is something that must be checked.

When I get the vette on the lift later this week, I will let everyone know. I did replace the sump hoses last year. This appears to be a pressure feed to the left turbo.
I do not have converters on this Callaway. 3 inches thru Flowmaster mufflers.

Inspected last night. The oil cooler line from the oil filter adapter to the front mount oil cooler has a leak. The hose did not rub on anything. It is the Earl's "tuff stuff" that is steel braided and also has rubber on the outside. Looks like from age it must of sprung a leak. I will see about making another hose. I thought steel braided line should of lasted longer that that. I guess I need to make a couple of extra sets for the other cars.:)

I think its pretty common as I had one of those lines spring a leak on me as well. That the "cost of doing business" as they like to say :D

Inspected last night. The oil cooler line from the oil filter adapter to the front mount oil cooler has a leak. The hose did not rub on anything. It is the Earl's "tuff stuff" that is steel braided and also has rubber on the outside. Looks like from age it must of sprung a leak. I will see about making another hose. I thought steel braided line should of lasted longer that that. I guess I need to make a couple of extra sets for the other cars.:)

I'd go with a Teflon inner hose this time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom