Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

OIl pressure reading high?

Tom Hetherman

Corvette
1991 ZR1
Hell all I took the beast out of winter storage today. Has'nt really been driven since November and I noticed the oil pressure reading was at 70psi at 2500 rpms. I don't remember it being that high last season but I could be being paranoid.Oil level is perfect and I run Royal Purple synthetic ambient temp in RI was about 45 is this normal or should I check the oil sending unit? ty Tommy

Hello all I took the beast out of winter storage today. Has'nt really been driven since November and I noticed the oil pressure reading was at 70psi at 2500 rpms. I don't remember it being that high last season but I could be being paranoid.Oil level is perfect and I run Royal Purple synthetic ambient temp in RI was about 45 is this normal or should I check the oil sending unit? ty Tommy
sorry for saying hell all I meant to type hello all

Does it go down once the oil has warmed up and it's sitting idle? If not it sounds like an open-circuit pressure sensor (maxed out).

OP sensors on LT5 are prone to failure and one failure mode is a pegged gauge or excessively high reading.

What vis. oil do you use?

Does it go down once the oil has warmed up and it's sitting idle? If not it sounds like an open-circuit pressure sensor (maxed out).
Yes once it warmed up it dropped to aroung 40 psi and stays around there at idle. If I rev up the engine in neutral it also shoots up high.

Sounds normal… mine is the same at the high end until it warms up, than just past mid point at idle and at least ¾ above 2500rpms.

Thank you every one that really puts my mind at rest now hopefully I can enjoy it more this year. Last year I only drove it 650 miles so I guess I'm still getting used to having a ZR1.

Drive it like you hate it. LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom