Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil pressure

Rod Brown

Corvette
2016 Blacki Sting Ray
The last time I had my oil changed,the oil pressure in my 09 Vette went up to 60 lbs. The dealer stated that was normal.I just had my oil changed again and my oil pressure is how 40 pounds. Is there something wrong with my car or did the dealership install the wrong oil filter the previous time that raised my oil pressure Thanks in advance for any reply.Rod

Too much oil

The last time I had my oil changed,the oil pressure in my 09 Vette went up to 60 lbs. The dealer stated that was normal.I just had my oil changed again and my oil pressure is how 40 pounds. Is there something wrong with my car or did the dealership install the wrong oil filter the previous time that raised my oil pressure Thanks in advance for any reply.Rod
Had same issue with my 07. Dealer insisted spec was 6 1/2 quarts, manual said 5 1/2. Had them drain a quart. Pressure returned to normal range.
Hope this helps.
Joe

Hi Rod Brown,

I can check what the recommended oil filter is for your specific Corvette. Please private message me your VIN and reference this thread. I'll get right back to you, this way there will be no issue in the future. :cool!: Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hi Rod Brown,

I can check what the recommended oil filter is for your specific Corvette. Please private message me your VIN and reference this thread. I'll get right back to you, this way there will be no issue in the future. :cool!: Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Kelly, I'm glad you are here checking out issues and helping out. Thanks :thumb

Hi Rod,

I checked with my internal resources and the part number for the oil filter is 89017524 Double check what you have on there now and let us know.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I agree with what Catbert said.....it's nice to have Chevy on board with us and willing to help out......very nice! Thank you!

Hi Rod,

I checked with my internal resources and the part number for the oil filter is 89017524 Double check what you have on there now and let us know.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

That's the OE GM part number for that filter which may not appear on a replacement and may be hard to see on a factory-installed filter. If it's a GM filter it also will have an ACDelco number which may be easier to read. The proper replacement oil filter for an 2009 with the LS3 engine is an ACDelco PF48. If you have an LS7 or an LS9, it's the UPF48R.

I'd be curious as to what filter is on the engine, now because I want to avoid like the plague any filter which restricts enough to decrease oil pressure by 20 psi.

Filter part number

The number on the bill is 019167894,Delco.I can't see a number on the filter as the car is too low for me to shimmy under the car.The oil filter is dark blue.

The number on the bill is 019167894,Delco. I can't see a number on the filter as the car is too low for me to shimmy under the car.The oil filter is dark blue.

19167894 is the GM PN for the PF48F which is the "Durapack" version of the PF48 (PN of that is what "Customer Service Kelly" listed above). Durapack means it comes only in a case of 12. PF48 and PF48F are functionally the same, so provided what's on the engine is actually that filter, then your oil pressure issue is not filter related.

With the engine at operating temperature what is the oil pressure at idle and what is it at 3000 rpm?

Also, what oil is in the engine?

Last edited:
That's the OE GM part number for that filter which may not appear on a replacement and may be hard to see on a factory-installed filter. If it's a GM filter it also will have an ACDelco number which may be easier to read. The proper replacement oil filter for an 2009 with the LS3 engine is an ACDelco PF48. If you have an LS7 or an LS9, it's the UPF48R.

I'd be curious as to what filter is on the engine, now because I want to avoid like the plague any filter which restricts enough to decrease oil pressure by 20 psi.

Hey Hib,

Thank you for clarifying!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom