Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Question

Can anyone tell me?
What is the worst that can happen if the sevice center changed my Mobile One Synthetic oil and put in regular oil and filter.
BTW--- This was on my 1998 GMC Yukon.

Do I need to replace it right away? The sevice technician did not seem concerned.

Gus:confused

Ain't gonna hurt it Gus. I'd change it sooner than planned though. ;)

_ken :w

I agree. No harm at all. Engine will still receive adequate protection if you don't run the heck out of it. Actually, you could probably continue to refill with good quality oil, changing oil and filter every 3-4K and you should get long life out of the engine.

Probably won't leak as much as she ages too!

Shes gonna BLOW! better list that car for sale bud (Make sure you let me know first!) LOL

Nothing all oil has to make the same requirements as by law. We got a standard pushrod engine thats a little to similar to a truck for my tastes ( What can I say ZR1's dazzle me ) but the advantages are pump gas in any form (Wow! regular) and any oils.

The avantage of synthetics are longer life and a low viscosity breakdown. When its cold out its still 10w30 when your driving its still 10w30. This allows for excellent lubrication and durabilty.

When you change your oil back make sure your using a new filter (Duh!) and allow the oil to drip completly out. Expecially with Mobil any other standard oil contaminating the system will limit the benefits of your synthetic oil.

Doing a flush when going to standard oil to synthetic isn't a bad idea. And I don't flush with the BS jug stuff thats 10 bucks I use a solvent. Its better however don't do it offen and don't do it long, the idea is to release yuckies and thin the oil up to allow a faster release.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom