Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ok this is starting to get more exciting.....

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
got my chrome pieces back from Pauls Chrome out of Pa.....they did a really nice job. There were some ripples in the rear chrome, they took those right on out!!!

I am hoping to have the car home in 4 to 6 weeks....that is how far behind schedule we currently are.

I have to send the window posts out for chroming and then I have a few other odds and ends that need to be polished up.....aghhh...I know time is running against me, I feel it starting to slip away....June 2nd...Hot Rod power tour out of Cleveland seems right around the corner and I don't even have the body back yet....

I know time is running against me, I feel it starting to slip away....June 2nd...Hot Rod power tour out of Cleveland seems right around the corner and I don't even have the body back yet....

Herb
As you know I don't have any experience doing the kind of project you are in the middle of, but my suggestion is not to worry about a particular date such as the June Hot Rod Power Tour.
The important thing is to do what needs to get done on the project correctly, and with the highest quality you can as we can all see you have been doing so far. Don't see a potential event date looming ahead and try to rush things now just to attempt to complete your project by than as this will no doubt cause quality of the project to suffer just so you can complete by the date you want.

Keep making progress as you can with the best quality you can put into the car. If it's done by the Power Tour than great, if not, the Power Tour will be there again next year.
If you start to rush thing just to get done by this years Power Tour and you are unhappy about certain aspects of the car because of that you will kick yourself afterwards not to mention creating additional work for yourself later on down the road as you will end up tearing things apart again to correct and improve the areas you rushed thru rather than just taking your time and doing it properly the first time.

Just my $.02 on the matter

Barry

I dont know it sounds resonable to me.

When you get the car back from them what condition will it be in? body mounted and shimmed, chrome on, hood, trunk,door ,windshield mounted and adjusted.

say it turns into 8 weeks you still have 4 months left over.

Good Luck.

you know I used to watch the shows on TV with there completion dates thinking they did that to add drama to the shows ( I still think they do that ) but with my 62 I set a date for completion to encourage me to keep my butt in gear.It real easy after working on the car for a while to run into some problems and decide to take a break from the car. Some people ideas of a break it 3 years or so. I set a date and just kept working till I reached it, Some nights I was out in the garage till 2 or 3 am . I had fun and am ready for another project.

I dont know it sounds resonable to me.

When you get the car back from them what condition will it be in? body mounted and shimmed, chrome on, hood, trunk,door ,windshield mounted and adjusted.

say it turns into 8 weeks you still have 4 months left over.

Good Luck.

you know I used to watch the shows on TV with there completion dates thinking they did that to add drama to the shows ( I still think they do that ) but with my 62 I set a date for completion to encourage me to keep my butt in gear.It real easy after working on the car for a while to run into some problems and decide to take a break from the car. Some people ideas of a break it 3 years or so. I set a date and just kept working till I reached it, Some nights I was out in the garage till 2 or 3 am . I had fun and am ready for another project.
body mounted and all shimmed up, most of the SS will be mounted (I figure that way they can make sure that the pieces look good and if anything gets buggered up they can fix it!)...good point on the 4 months, I have a feeling I will need all of it!!!

Herb
As you know I don't have any experience doing the kind of project you are in the middle of, but my suggestion is not to worry about a particular date such as the June Hot Rod Power Tour.
The important thing is to do what needs to get done on the project correctly, and with the highest quality you can as we can all see you have been doing so far. Don't see a potential event date looming ahead and try to rush things now just to attempt to complete your project by than as this will no doubt cause quality of the project to suffer just so you can complete by the date you want.

Keep making progress as you can with the best quality you can put into the car. If it's done by the Power Tour than great, if not, the Power Tour will be there again next year.
If you start to rush thing just to get done by this years Power Tour and you are unhappy about certain aspects of the car because of that you will kick yourself afterwards not to mention creating additional work for yourself later on down the road as you will end up tearing things apart again to correct and improve the areas you rushed thru rather than just taking your time and doing it properly the first time.

Just my $.02 on the matter

Barry
I have already decided that anything I don't like, there is always next winter to change and sort it out again.....

Herb

A rich freind of mine always tells me when talking about making money in the stock market

"Its not timing the market"

"Its actually the time in the market"

And with the warped mind of mine, I am allways able to understand it better when I put it in terms of corvettes.

Its the actual time you put into building a car that completes it.

Does this make any sence? For sure I put my time in building my car, I think weather you build it in one year or 30 it all comes down to how many hours you actually work in it productively.

Again best of luck with it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom