Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old Indy Cars

The car was built by Luji Lesovsky at the direction of Nathan Rounds. It attempted to qualify for the 500 in 49 and 50 and wasn't able to get up to speed to make the race. Many folks of the time felt that the building of the car was actually funded by Howard Hughes. The race car was powered by an Offenhouser engine.

2010indy500fridaymay28v.jpg

The car was built by Luji Lesovsky at the direction of Nathan Rounds. It attempted to qualify for the 500 in 49 and 50 and wasn't able to get up to speed to make the race. Many folks of the time felt that the building of the car was actually funded by Howard Hughes. The race car was powered by an Offenhouser engine.
Thank you. I pride myself on knowing something about Indianapolis cars, but this one was something entirely new to me.

Thank you. I pride myself on knowing something about Indianapolis cars, but this one was something entirely new to me.
Oh I just like old Indy Roadsters better that most race cars. I imagine you know more good info about them than I do, I just like finding pictures of them on the internet and getting them on here for us to enjoy! As a side note when I was a kid in the fifties Denny Moore lived down the street from me and built the 56 John Zink car in his garage and my Dad and I visited often.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom