Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old member - new ride

Red73BB

Corvette
1969 dark red convert
Hi all,

I sold my red 73 BB and I'm looking at a 90 convert. Are there general concerns about the 1990 model that I should be aware of?

It has 61K miles, new exhaust, top, brake pads and tires. Extremely well maintained, always garaged

Exterior paint is black and very nice condition. Interior carpet is the only thing that looks like it has wear.

Price is a little high, but the car is in very good condition. $13,000 is the price. My thinking is I can buy only for 10K and have 3K of work/new parts or buy this as is.

A warning light can on during the test drive LTPW.. (or some such letters) He said this was a low tire pressure - hasn't been driven in 2 months. Please help
Thanks, Gary

Gary,
10K sounds like a good price, if you can get it down to that.
I wouldn't worry too much about the LTPW message.

I moved this over to the C4 General section, so hopefully you'll get some good information from the C4 owners.

Tammy

90 Convert is a great car, I have had mine for several year low miles and I knock on wood but has been free of problems. I am sure they will come with time, enjoy driving with the top down, but don't plan on traveling with a lot of luggage. :w

I have had my 90 vert for just over 2 yrs now. The 90 seems to be a very solid car. Mine has 84k on it now and repairs have been minor while I have had it. You would be pleasantly surprised with the gas milage on them and handling is great.

Glenn
:w

CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations on the C-4, if it feels good do it!

Life is too short enjoy it,
Bill :w

Thanks all,

Actually, last night, I check out a 91 convert, charcoal gray, less miles and best of all lower prices!

I bought it! Sunday we will make the exchange.

Gary

My wife has a 90 coupe, which now has over 130k. One problem that was recurred from the first is the alternator. It was replaced under warranty, but at least 4 times since the warranty went out. Finally determined to let Goodwrench repair it, and hit has been replaced 2 times on their ticket.

Additionally, the air bag sensor has gone out a number of times.

Great choice on the '91. You are gonna love it!

Each new year of the C4 brought improvements. Some small. Some not so small. Two things you will be amazed with: how the engine pulls from a stoplite and how the car handles!

Be sure to post pics!

SAVE THE :w

Thanks all,

Actually, last night, I check out a 91 convert, charcoal gray, less miles and best of all lower prices!

I bought it! Sunday we will make the exchange.

Gary

Congratulations :_rock Gary on your purchase; now "now let the good times roll!"

Happy Motoring, drive it like you stole it :lou

Bill :w

Congrats!

Congrats on the new Vette. :upthumbs I think you will really appreciate the much improved handling of the C4!

Welcome to the world of '91 converts. You're gonna love it. I know I do!

Jim S.

Welcome aboard, Man.

I don't know...

Red 73 Big Block has a kind of panache that you might want to hang on to.

Just a thought.

Enjoy the C4 !! I think they are the prettiest Vettes ever built. Not doggin' the others, mind you, just partial.

Conngratulations, think you will find you have a vastly improved car compared to the C3. Of course getting in/out is quite an exercise but once you are seated the FUN will begin! Enjoy her.....DFO :D

thanks, Getting in and out isn't the easiest but, most definitely I'm getting adjusted to the smoother ride, better handling, better gas mileage, Radio/CD/cassette player that I can actually listen to...It's all good.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom