Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

One week away!

GMJ - Kerri & I have stopped there several times, ain't had to pull a gun yet. :upthumbs

L8TR - D
Last time I stopped there,It was Nasty,Dirty and Weard people were hanging out asking for $!!Haven't stopped there since,But that was about 18-20 years ago,Jo had never been to the Mid-West yet and wasn't impressed with St Louis!:L:L:L

ah... my navagational skills are not the best, as a matter of fact... well I eventually get there :boogie

Coming up on I-44 I see were we could cross the Mississippi south of St. Louis and come up the IL side to I-70 ... does anyone know if we would miss the first rest area going this way, or do we have to cross by the Arch :eek

Map Google don't show no stink'n rest areas :mad :D

Gerry probably has a GPS thingy, I don't and have lived 60+ years without it, guess I can live a few more without it :D... Just good ole Rand McNally :dance

I know,,,....,, I'll just follow Gerry :Steer :thumbs

Bud

I do in fact have a Garmin i5 StreetPilot. navigation. Those google maps are ok for around town, but cross country, I prefer the GPS. ;)

GerryLP:cool

Gerry rolled into Amarillo last night around 10:45 or so. After getting caught up a bit, (Midnight) :D

Now it's crunch time.. Nanc and I need to pack, load Abby then get our sorry butts on the road :Steer

If all goes as planned, should leave Amarillo around 8:30 or 9:00 this morning and pull into Springfield, Missouri early evening. Then a nice 3 or 4 hour drive up to hook up with Toms01, Barrett, Billy and ?? for the final leg into Effingham.

I will be logging off here shortly and shut'n down the magic box here. Maybe, maybe not get back on at Springfield... but we gots Toms cell # and he has ours, so its time to put up or shutup, and we chose to getup and get it ON..

No more EXCUSE'S, it's time to :Steer and get Abby out and let her RUN like she was meant too, not sit in the Garage Dreaming and Wishing... :Steer

See ya at CRUISEFEST 2010 @ Mid American Motor Works (MAM) Effingham, IL :dance :Steer :CAC :bar :CAC

Get your sorry butts to Effingham, NO MORE :rice's !!
;) Yoda said that!

Bud

Bud, we are still recovering from the layoff last year. Starting a new job,I am low man on the pole so vacation time wont be until 2011.....which sucks after earning 4 weeks paid vacation and then loosing it all when the folded.
If all goes well,we will be at the next gathering :beer

Enjoy the fun gang, above all be safe in your travels:thumb

Charlie and Theresa S.:w

Rosie is working until noon today, so we will get away sometime after noon. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Well, we got away about 1pm and pulled into KC about 7. Rosie got a "paint job" and a hair cut and I got my hair cut (youngest daughter is our beautician). We will be headed for the oldest daughters house here shortly. I'm going to top off the tank so we will be ready to go in the morning. I talked to Barrett's brother and we have our plan all set. See you guys tomorrow.

Well, Bud, Nancy, and I rolled into Springield, MO around 9:30 ish. Bud and I discussed the plan for the next day, and being an earlier-than-usual day, I went went ahead and gassed up the Vette, checked the oil, air the tires (I probably lost a mile per gallon on those -they were low in pressure), and I even cleaned the windshield. She's ready roll.

We'll see you all at the ellusive rest area....:L

GerryLP :cool

We will head out here pretty soon, see you all east of St. Louis about 1.

Gerry, make sure bud drink a lot of coffee on the way. I sure he will be asking for triple shot. also make sure you don't take a double shot of muddy water.. You will know what my brother did to me when I was in texas.. my baddler couldn't hold it all.
have safe trip and tell Nanci hi for me.
will watching for pictures to showed up somewhere.
have fun.
decbuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom