Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

One week away!

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Well, I am a week away from heading out to CruiseFest 2010. I must admit that I am pretty psyched. How about the rest of you folks, are you getting yancy as well? It's going to be a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting many new folks and getting re-acquainted with everyone else. Hope to see you all in about a week.

Don't forget that you can go to Cafepress.com and order your shirts for the event. Follow the instructions here

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-cruisefest-t-shirts-whatnot.html#post1032041

Heck ya I am!! Got the late spring spit shine done last weekend. Looking forward to blender wars and meeting up with some friends. Kinda lookin' forward to a few days off work also....:beer

I am planning on leaving Wed morn,and arriving Thurs early pm

I am getting psyched as well!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

see ya next week!!!!!!!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

We're leaving Thursday morning should arrive early afternoon....really looking forward to place faces with names:)

Well, I am a week away from heading out to CruiseFest 2010. I must admit that I am pretty psyched. How about the rest of you folks, are you getting yancy as well? It's going to be a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting many new folks and getting re-acquainted with everyone else. Hope to see you all in about a week.

Don't forget that you can go to Cafepress.com and order your shirts for the event. Follow the instructions here

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-cruisefest-t-shirts-whatnot.html#post1032041

I sincerely hope you all have a great time and take lots of photos to share!!

It's official - I'm out. :cry

I'm going to miss seeing lots of my old friends and putting faces to the names of CAC members I haven't met yet. But I know Mike and company are going to make it a great time for all!

:wJane Ann

We had Abby out last night to the Monthly gathering here in Amarillo, then took a nice ride out in the countryside with a 67 Chevelle (396), 71 Chevelle (454) and my buddy and wife in his 69 Chevelle (506) ... great folks and great cars :dance

Abby is ready for the trip, all functions check OK, gas tank is full, just need to pack some clothes... GerryLP will be here Tuesday night and we LEAVE for Springfield, MO Wednesday morning. Thursday we plan to hook up with others at the first Rest Area EAST of St. Louis then on into EFFINGHAM for CRUISEFEST 2010 @ MID AMERICAN MOTOR WORKS (MAM)

Got T-Shirts, got gas, got ABBY ... "it's dark out, got my sunglasses on..."

Bud
:Steer
:w
:CAC:v

WooHoo!

I can't wait either.

I fixed a small leak on her pan, and adjusted the TV cable. Gail is running fine. I enjoyed a little of cross-town cruising with 50 MPH at 1,800 RPM...nniiiiccceee :thumb

Let Cruise Fest Begin:beer:beer:beer:beer:D;):L;LOL

GerryLP:cool

Well, it's only a few days away now. I got the Vette down and put another coat of wax on it yesterday....don't want all those bugs sticking to it. :D

We will meet up with Barrett Thursday morning and head out from KC about 9am (that should get us past the worst of rush hour). Should be the other side of St Louis by that 1pm time frame. I look forward to catching up with you, Bud, Gerry, Billy and Mary Ann. Should be a fun ride on in to Effingham.

ah... my navagational skills are not the best, as a matter of fact... well I eventually get there :boogie

Coming up on I-44 I see were we could cross the Mississippi south of St. Louis and come up the IL side to I-70 ... does anyone know if we would miss the first rest area going this way, or do we have to cross by the Arch :eek

Map Google don't show no stink'n rest areas :mad :D

Gerry probably has a GPS thingy, I don't and have lived 60+ years without it, guess I can live a few more without it :D... Just good ole Rand McNally :dance

I know,,,....,, I'll just follow Gerry :Steer :thumbs

Bud

Bud, not sure about the rest area but take the bypass around St. Louis its a lot better.

ah... my navagational skills are not the best, as a matter of fact... well I eventually get there :boogie

Coming up on I-44 I see were we could cross the Mississippi south of St. Louis and come up the IL side to I-70 ... does anyone know if we would miss the first rest area going this way, or do we have to cross by the Arch :eek

Map Google don't show no stink'n rest areas :mad :D

Gerry probably has a GPS thingy, I don't and have lived 60+ years without it, guess I can live a few more without it :D... Just good ole Rand McNally :dance

I know,,,....,, I'll just follow Gerry :Steer :thumbs

Bud
Damn Bud,That rest area just out of St Louis on I-70 east is a good place to get mugged!!:eek:hnoes
I'll p*ss in a paper cup driving down the road before I'll stop there!!;LOL

:D

Damn Bud,That rest area just out of St Louis on I-70 east is a good place to get mugged!!:eek:hnoes
I'll p*ss in a paper cup driving down the road before I'll stop there!!;LOL

:D

Not to worry, I gots my CHL ;) :grinshot

Bud

Had the C6 aligned last week in preparation for the trip. Pick up my brother in KC, connect with Tom and Rosie, then head out. The only downside is that Jane Ann won't be there - I was looking forward to meeting her and learning how to post pictures. Oh well, maybe next year. Will there be a list of attendees posted before I leave on Wednesday morning?
Barrett

Barrett, I don't know if that info will be posted........

Jesse, we stopped there on our way to Cleveland two summers back. It was a pretty nice rest area....hope you are wrong about the muggings.

I think the one we are planning to meet at is at about mile post 25 or 26.

The rest area is fine, but there are parts of east St. Louis you don't want to visit. :nono

Am I correct about the milepost of that rest area? Seems like that's about what I remember. I don't know if that is the first rest area in Ill, but I think it's the first one after 270 (which I think is the way around St Louis) meets 70 out there.

Gail is getting the vette inspected this week:thumb
Gassed up and ready to go!!!!
Gail may be coming with me after all!!!!!:thumb:thumb
she'll know today!!!!!
I (WE) are leaving out of here Wed early am and planning a layover around Cleveland...
then on to MAM For Thurs....
See you all There!!!!!!!!!:thumb:thumb
(Bud I use a map for navigating):boogieBTW They work GREAT!!!

Rest Stop

Bud, no problem with the rest stop area. very clean and great area. Be sure not to go down by the arch and busch stadium, you would be in wrong place. I70 will take you to bypass 270, head east across mississippi river, stay on 270 till it ends at intersection of I55 and I70, I55 will head north to springfield and on to chicago, I70 will head east to Effingham, indy and points east. The rest stop is maybe 6-7 miles past intersection of 55/70. Don't worry about guns and car jacking, that spot is as safe as your mother arms. gmjunkie lives to far away to know good and bad places in st. lou. (though stay out of east st.lou at all costs) hope this helps..................................Billy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom